Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that definitly looks a lot tidier than my first effort. :D
That Pepin video really deserves to be in the 'top 100 most useful videos on YT'. Only thing I'd add to it is that as long as you don't round your spine, you can scrape just about as well with your spine as you can with your edge.

That Pepin video really deserves to be in the 'top 100 most useful videos on YT'.
Methinks someone is getting just a little bit carried away here…

Personally, I agree. But how many people do you think care about how to debone a chicken as opposed to, say, the color of Kim Kardashian’s underwear? ;)

They would after they saw Pepin's video! And you can always just add some random unrelated female eyecandy in the thumbnail...

Black bean burger in a shokupan/brioche hybrid bun.
IMG_9706.JPG

Hi Lars,

Did it like this:
2 shallots, 2 cloves of garlic, then sauté, add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, caramelize. Add tomato paste. Deglaze with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and add 2 tablespoons of red basalmico. Finely chopped bay leaf and a piece of ginger. Then peeled tomatoes, 1 can to it. Boiled briefly. Off the stove and then add the spices. 2 tablespoons of curry, 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika, 2-3 pinches of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of smoked salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, 100 ml of homemade chicken stock and about 50-100 ml of apple juice. Let everything reduce. Then went through with the hand mixer. Didn't need strength. In the end diluted with water again because it was too intense 😉 Seasoned again with salt and brown sugar. Finished

Best Regards

Klaus
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe for Currywurst. I took a lot of inspiration from it as well as this recipe. I was expecting it to be a bit nostalgic, but this was so much better than the ones I've had in the past that there was no comparison. Being short of good quality German sausages I used Kålpølser, my favorite Danish sausages from southern Denmark. And since this was a rather fancy version I made Heston Blumenthal's triple cooked chips as well. Had a great time cooking and it was really yummy..!
IMG_9709.JPG

This is what happens when you don't realize one of the tortillas you put in the toaster is doubled up until you take it out and the bottom one falls loose and creates surrealistic art. Move over Salvador, I'm gonna call this "The Persistence of Taco." Now what to do with this extra, I guess I'm gonna have to smear it with Nutella and top it with a little cherry preserves for dessert, Dali would want it that way...
dali tortilla.jpg

Now what to do with this extra, I guess I'm gonna have to smear it with Nutella and top it with a little cherry preserves for dessert, Dali would want it that way...
Some might call me a joker, and it's probably true, but wasn't kidding here...
20221027_123025.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing your recipe for Currywurst. I took a lot of inspiration from it as well as this recipe. I was expecting it to be a bit nostalgic, but this was so much better than the ones I've had in the past that there was no comparison. Being short of good quality German sausages I used Kålpølser, my favorite Danish sausages from southern Denmark. And since this was a rather fancy version I made Heston Blumenthal's triple cooked chips as well. Had a great time cooking and it was really yummy..!
View attachment 205351
@Lars 🙏 Same game today 👌
18D2F83A-FFB7-49B0-BDEF-76AAF56DDB9B.jpeg

We decided to have roasted chicken, wife's idea. We used my copper pan. Wife prepared chicken. I was going to do Brussel sprouts but they smell bad. I had already gotten carbon steel pan ready for oven roast them, so I needed a vegetable to roast. I had carrots so roasted glazed carrots is it.

I wanted season my carbon steel pan after losing the seasoning roast bones for beef broth.

I love the blacken onions. They smell great cooking, and they add flavor to the sauce. I cook bread, baguette slices, croutons in salt and olive oil. You put the chicken over the croutons and ladle sauce over the chicken. It tastes great to me. The chicken is filled with sliced lemons.

I always cut non-uniform. I want my cooking to look down home style not machine made.

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Back