Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ragu alla Bolognese
IMG_2445.jpeg
IMG_2464.jpeg

What's the white stuff on the left? Root celery? Doesn't it dominate too much when you use both root celery and normal celery? Or was it just an 'emptying out the fridge' situation? :D

Yes, it is root celery. Sometimes I like it with more vegetables. And yes, an emptying out of fridge 🤣But it wasn't to dominate ;)

Hah yeah my soffritos and mirepoix are often a bit variable depending upon what I actually have in the house. Half the time there's no celery because it's not really part of my 'standard inventory'.
I get what you mean about the extra vegetables... what I often do is fry some sliced bell peppers on the side and throw that in at the end, to also get a bit more variety in texture and 'freshness'. Makes it a bit less 'unidimensional umamibomb'.

I had too much celery. Shir knives was with me recently. So that I can test his knives and he has the opportunity to cut with the other makers' knives. This means I still have some vegetables in the fridge. But I need celery very often. Especially when I stock up on broth.

Yeah, you never know when you’ll need emergency chicken soup with sous vide breast

Red beans and rice. I should have posted before we ate but too late. I am enjoying my All-Clad Dutch oven pot. I cooked it for lunch and we had it for both lunch and dinner as it turner out nice. This is after dinner when I got on this site.
PS
It has andouille sausage and a little pork belly cut up small and fried to add fond to the pot.
IMG_1408.jpg

Last edited:
How long do you let yours go for? i usually let it simmer all day so I tend to make huge batches and jar/freeze them
for eating later
Depends on the daily planning. That day I had a date. Were 3 hours. Usually between 2-5 hours. After eating, I gave her a large portion for her child. Otherwise I always freeze👍.

Wood grilled chicken breast, creamed shishitos, roasted delicata squash with hot honey and lime.

4E112DC6-2AB8-4A4E-A8E9-87267B00A892.jpeg

Shishitos.
F4CF3250-E204-476C-A8C4-E55DC6B5849F.jpeg

1F80D503-887C-41D5-B61C-1F74D36CE72E.jpeg

In with heavy cream, shallots, garlic, cayenne, and parm.

97F99A85-3F98-4872-8295-4A9D36CFDE65.jpeg

Delicata.
F4051CCE-B706-4926-A979-A0AF108CD97D.jpeg

Ancho, evoo, s&p.
D9B3AA20-D8B2-4063-B110-81D8277FFE70.jpeg

Dressed with lime juice, hot honey, Fresno chili, and cilantro.
060B9E1F-3A06-43CE-9B73-EC64525870E4.jpeg

I have seen a bunch of folks posting pizzas but I had never attempted to do one in a home oven before. Picked up an ooni pizza stone at the Ace around the corner for $30 and here we are! Really happy with the result and will definitely be trying different topping combos moving forward. Tonight was red sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, prosciutto, sun dried tomato, arugula, basil, honey and red pepper flake. I dont own a pizza cutter so out came the old 285mm Richmond Ultimatum.
iyDEEqU.jpg

That’s actually quite amazing for a first try. Mine end up misshapen or burnt. You really should be proud of that.
Thank you! I am definitely proud of the result. I made a second one afterwards and truth be told it was more amoeba shaped than the first one. Getting the pizza from the board to the stone is definitely the trickiest part.

Thank you! I am definitely proud of the result. I made a second one afterwards and truth be told it was more amoeba shaped than the first one. Getting the pizza from the board to the stone is definitely the trickiest part.
Just saw this…

problem with that thingy is that you still cannot transfer the pizza into a blazing hot oven.
Using a peel is not that difficult but it takes getting accustomed to, a bit like sharpening your first blade.

So what was your conclusion...was marinating the hanger steak worth the bother?

Back