Box showoff thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Tokushu buy up surplus boxes from a decommissioned police station or something?

5AB9DCCA-F569-454B-8620-EA12C727403A.jpeg

401199BE-C38F-4120-8372-A2797779A0DB.jpeg

It's a box. On top of a toaster oven.

The box is made out of cardboard. The oven looks like it's quite hot. Just sayin'…

Speaking from experience I cannot recommend indoor campfires. Definitly don't try to douse them with beer either. Especially when your campfire is basically a candle-oil-fire.

Just put it out with the beer you already drank. Or better yet, drink another while you’re putting out the fire. It’s very necessary to keep to drinking if you want the fire outened.

Details please!
Well this was in my student days... It was one of those big student housing complexes with about a thousand rooms, divided into seperate corridors with about 15 rooms/inhabitants who would share a big kitchen / dining room. At some point someone thought it was nice to have some atmosphere by lighting some candles... some of us were having some beers (maybe more then a few, which would explain the flawed decision making).
Decided to screw around with tossing some paper in the candle oil, which leads to larger fire. Noticed it was getting bigger... so decided to put some aluminium foil on the table and put the candles on that just in case. Decided to keep tossing more paper in the candles because it would give you a really big flame (you're basically creating more wicks). At some point half the candle was a liquid puddle that was half alight. Eventually it started spilling on the floors and we figured 'okay maybe this is getting out of hand'. So we doused it with what was at hand (beer)... not realizing that we were pretty much trying to extinguish an oil fire with water, so the result was a giant flame all the way to the ceiling.
Extinguished the whole thing with more aluminium foil and that was the end of it.
I think it took a day or two for the burn smell to really get out of the place. Other than that there wasn't really any permanent damage except from all the burn / melt marks on the tabletop (the heat went through the foil of course). Had some scorched eyebrows too but they grow back just fine. Inside campfire was real cozy while it lasted though!

I have similar stories in my past. Some of which could have very easily cost lives. Oh, the almost unlimited stupidity that reigns supreme in young people, especially when there is beer involved…

I have similar stories in my past. Some of which could have very easily cost lives. Oh, the almost unlimited stupidity that reigns supreme in young people, especially when there is beer involved…
Yeah alcohol definitly impacts decision making. This actually isn't my worst one in that regard.

That was when someone threw an empty glass bottle on a campfire... but with the bottle cap on it. While we were discussing whether it was a good or a bad idea, or whether it would blow up, the thing exploded and spread glass shrapnel everywhere.
We were incredibly lucky... I was the only one who got hit, and it just barely grazed my neck. Bled like a pig, my entire t-shirt was soaked with blood in less than a minute, but it was still just a superficial scratch. Had it gone a few centimeters in another direction and it could have ended very differently though.

Does your family ever complain that they get to eat yet another cardboard box for dinner?

Back