Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dammy! The blue 2! Argh... I don't need it.

Interesting snipper from Bernal

"We started carrying his hamaguri ground (convex face) migaki finished stainless clad shirogami 2 knives in 2015 and they were a real hit. At the time Wakui’s prices were very very low as he did not want to charge more than Yoshikane where he trained. Yoshikane’s prices were being kept low by some chicanery by a certain dealer we used to work with who was collecting huge orders and piling those onto Yoshikane (and other makers) to keep them stuck to low prices. This made for big problems for these Sanjo craftsmen and kept them from really enjoying the status they deserve as the seriously skilled blacksmiths and grinders they are."

I believe they are both made by the same parent company. Along with a number of other brands.
I had a smaller santuko by the same manufacturer - same kanji on the back of the blade, though no brand name as such; it was ok, held quite an extreme edge which was durable for home use, came with a black hammered KU finish.

Last edited:
Last edited:
After all the surge in demand as more people cooking at home during the pandemic is over. I really do hope price will start finally go back normal range.

Back