Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anyone might be tempted..... Carefully read the unprofessional T&C's. Shipping contract is with the shipper not the customer. Buyer will have an uphill task dealing with any issues.

"Once, it leaves the US, it's out of my hands and control. I will provide the tracking number but the buyer will have to take it from there.

All SALES ARE FINAL, no exchange, return or cancellation accepted. Buyer can ask for more photos if needed but I will not be responsible for damages or lost after the item has shipped. This is why I will insure and need a recipient signature for delivery. Thank you for understanding. "
I'm not affiliated with them, but within the US and Canada, it's standard USPS priority, tracked and insured and signature required. Sounds like standard terms?

I'm not affiliated with them, but within the US and Canada, it's standard USPS priority, tracked and insured and signature required. Sounds like standard terms?
Its the highlighted T&C's that aren't standard for a retailer. I know of no other that has such a draconian approach to business. Basically buyers are SOL if anything untoward happens. Not very confidence inspiring or customer centric.

Damascus could be aogami 2, same as the migaki. from past experience wakui damacus was aogami..

i managed to snag a 240 migaki few min ago

I am curious on how many of the 225mm Kochi they got in as they only list one left. I thought the number to go forward with it as a new length was around 60 people interested (I was definitely one), not that they would come in one shipment, necessarily.

I got mine off of @blokey and have been very happy with it. Loving the in-between length.

Some interesting stuff

This temps me!

Has anyone put time in with a YS and a Yoshikane SKD. I have a an Amikiri from knives and stones than I really like. Beyond a little taller heal what and a pretty saya are there any other functional differences?

This temps me!

Has anyone put time in with a YS and a Yoshikane SKD. I have a an Amikiri from knives and stones than I really like. Beyond a little taller heal what and a pretty saya are there any other functional differences?
Stock Yoshi = thick spine, wide bevel grind
YS = medium spine, thin convex grind

So YS is lighter and thinner Not sure if it applies to this version, but the Kono SKD from Tosho was more like the YS but had a thicker spine (but still felt lighter). The heel on this one doesn’t sound taller to me.

Back