Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@martinhuber
FYI
I guess Shopify doesn't want me looking at your knives... I got this message at the 3rd knife I looked at, and every one after.
😕🤔😕🤔

Waited 10 minutes and refreshed several times... Still can't even look at them⁉️

Screenshot_20231217-113619.png

It should be no surprise that I am super interested in opinions etc on this! I am constantly tweaking the westerns. These newest ones were a lot less "dramatic" than the full-size ones. I'll definitely be looking for feedback once these western-lights arrive and get some use. Fun photo of both for reference.

View attachment 288423
I love my full size s grind western ironwood in 52100. It’s my current Goto gyuto, taking over for the munetoshi
Since getting it, I’ve picked up a load of high end knives since but this one stays on the magnet in the large gyuto slot
F/f is on point, laser tip and solid heel makes it a great all rounder. The s grind definitely helps food release
Only thing I don’t use it on is kabocha

Ahh I see now.. it's someone selling from various smiths...

It's what came up when I searched for Martin Huber knives.

I'll bookmark his site so this doesn't happen again!

View attachment 288507
Hey sorry for the confusion. We are one of Martin's close partners and yes we offer a range of other makers on our site also. Thank you for sharing about the page error. Ill look into that.

Best regards,
Peter

Hey sorry for the confusion. We are one of Martin's close partners and yes we offer a range of other makers on our site also. Thank you for sharing about the page error. Ill look into that.

Best regards,
Peter
You come up when I search for Kamon knives too. I don't think there is anything wrong, you just have a good Web developer who gets your site on top of search results. It's counterintuitive, but perhaps add links to the makers sites in their listings, as to give them credit. Maybe go the hyperlink route to get a kickback in case someone buys a diff knife through your link. It would feel more honest that way... Not saying you are dishonest, just gives credit and gives your customers a better selection. May help you decide which knives to carry in the future based on what people end up buying. I can see how this might detract from your sales. Just my 2 cents!

Tried my damndest for the raquin drop. Got to final checkout and says cart changed, but I’m seeing the charge on my card. Anyone have this happen before?
Happened to me last drop. Charges got reversed that afternoon. Pricing coming up a little bit from where he was ($700/$720 today), although I don't think unreasonable. A well tuned Raquin can be a fantastic cutter.

Think I remember the last drop at $450-500, pretty significant increase
Yes indeed. Until recently Bryan was charging 1.80 euro per mm for gyuto's. So that 225 would have cost $441. Prices have increased significantly.

Yes indeed. Until recently Bryan was charging 1.80 euro per mm for gyuto's. So that 225 would have cost $441. Prices have increased significantly.
Both from today were with Bryan’s kasumi finish (rather than satin) which I believe has always carried a significant upcharge.

Both from today were with Bryan’s kasumi finish (rather than satin) which I believe has always carried a significant upcharge.
Seems Bryan has removed the price schedule. But I thought the Jnat kasumi finish was about a 70 euro option

"A Note About Sharpening Shiro-Kunimitsu Knives: Please do not add a micro-bevel, as this can lead to micro-chipping of the already fine, sharp cutting edge. "

First time I've seen a claim that adding a micro-bevel makes a knife MORE prone to chipping 🤔
It's the branding TF wanted to use and thought..... nah, we can't be that disingenuous. So they toned it down. These guys are b@lls out embracing the whole package of multigenerational swordsmith turned knife maker imagery.

Seems like it’s going to be an auction piece on Modern which usually end on the higher side of things
Yeah, I think his last knife on auction went for $1800 if I'm not mistaken. That was a 270mm honyaki integral full mirror polish. And the Jonas x Tobias integral was in the $2k ballpark

I’d say $2300. I’d prob take the over too. Rarely see combos like this.

I also don’t know the steel being used though
You're probably right.

I'm still both sad and glad (for my bank account) that I missed out on the @Isasmedjan x Heldqvist auction. Can't believe I forgot all about it till like 6 hours after it ended. 🤦‍♂️

Back