Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I (personally) then feel like I have the advantage over others, which I try to really limit in my life philosophically.

This conversation could go on for hours and have tons of different points of view but I’ll stop my portion here.
Your choice is commendable, and I hope your integrity is repaid in some way.

Idk man it's just a payment platform. Same thing with being signed into your paypal account before a website drop where they take paypal. Just a convenience not having to type in your info every time at the billion shops that take it. Everyone I know has a shop account, even my technologically illiterate mom, rather than an advantage, I think it would be more of a disadvantage to you compared to most other consumers really.

I would get it if it was a paid service, or a sneaky workaround, but it's literally open to anyone, and takes like 30 seconds to sign up. I think those people wanted it more then and deserved to get one lol.

Idk man it's just a payment platform. Same thing with being signed into your paypal account before a website drop where they take paypal. Just a convenience not having to type in your info every time at the billion shops that take it. Everyone I know has a shop account, even my technologically illiterate mom, rather than an advantage, I think it would be more of a disadvantage to you compared to most other consumers really.

I would get it if it was a paid service, or a sneaky workaround, but it's literally open to anyone, and takes like 30 seconds to sign up. I think those people wanted it more then and deserved to get one lol.
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I think there are international limitations:

"Shop Pay is only offered and made available to orders with a US billing address, a US shipping address, and a US credit or debit card. Customers with international billing or shipping addresses will not be able to set up an account with Shop Pay."

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I think there are international limitations:

"Shop Pay is only offered and made available to orders with a US billing address, a US shipping address, and a US credit or debit card. Customers with international billing or shipping addresses will not be able to set up an account with Shop Pay."
I guess that is a fair point for international orders. For everyone US based I fail to see how it is an unfair advantage considering everyone can sign up, and takes 30 seconds. Life isn't perfect though, there have been some products I have not been able to get due to international restrictions as well.

Still, people gotta work on their quickness even without shop pay if it truly took 90 seconds for the last one to sell out haha

Shop pay works quite fine for us in Canada. I've bought both locally and internationally.

I think it would be really cool to have in the collection. I don't think price is horrible necessarily considering that for the most part it doesn't seem like Tanaka does kiris, and you get a nice stone. Still....it is a lot. If it was like $500 I would consider it.

No, but they've been out of stock for some time as far as I know.

I had a 210mm and the profile felt rather different than the kurouchi 240 versions although I wasn't sure if that was just a variance between the 210mm vs 240mm.
Different as better or no?

Back