Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only problem is that seniority doesn't mean much in the end. Since more and more people join it doesn't matter how long you have been on his list. Your chances are getting slimmer with every new draw. It doesn't really matter if your chances are 1% or 0.4%.
I like that he gives new guys a chance to acquire his work though.
Also the last raffle of his Cleaver and Suji had over 100 people entered, you can be sure there were some second accounts in it.
Fair points. devils advocate, these are knife makers not raffle operators. ALSO multibillion dollar companies also have problems with this (e.g. nike and their whole shoe raffling stuff). I think it's the thought that counts and he is trying something. Not perfect, but in this case, I'll say its the thought that counts :/

More Kato Ku Unicorns landed in Denmark. Kato must be REALLY enjoying his retirement. Seems like there have been more drops since he retired than when he was working full-time.

Been up for a couple of hours. No one tempted by a 220 K-tip Ku @$2200 before tax from the retiree?

I get an aneurysm everytime this gets brought up
1000006349.gif

More Kato Ku Unicorns landed in Denmark. Kato must be REALLY enjoying his retirement. Seems like there have been more drops since he retired than when he was working full-time. 🤔

No, Last time I got knives direct from Kato was about 6 month ago, before he stoped all his orders it was every month I got them, So yes it is crazy low production compared to before, and all other vendors do not get any Katos at all, I dont know how about where you live but retired people do some stuff still when they get old and stop working, Before Kato Sold to many vendors now he decided only to take orders from me where he makes what he want for price that I never ask for, he choose his price and his stile, for me it is best retirement you can get, In Denmark where I live retired people still do some small Jobs and thats what Kato do right now, I do not see problem in that ! Full time he delivered to many vendors and shops, was at knife shows making swords and hunting knives, do you see a lot of that now ?

Last edited:
Admittedly, I'm getting tired of the trope of being surprised by the trickle of Kato's from Maxim. I think its safe to say we'll continue to see some knives released by JNS until Kato-san passes. Prices have been high for awhile, the fact that retail is starting to reflect what the higher level of secondary has been for some time is fine.

It's all old news and not interesting.

What I really want to know is if that Kato tamahagane blade being polished by Damian is going to be released or if it has been sold (or perhaps a personal treasure for @maxim)

Admittedly, I'm getting tired of the trope of being surprised by the trickle of Kato's from Maxim. I think its safe to say we'll continue to see some knives released by JNS until Kato-san passes. Prices have been high for awhile, the fact that retail is starting to reflect what the higher level of secondary has been for some time is fine.

It's all old news and not interesting.

What I really want to know is if that Kato tamahagane blade being polished by Damian is going to be released or if it has been sold (or perhaps a personal treasure for @maxim)
Yeah that one is for me :D I cant let that one go, Kato is way to personal for me, I visit him first time, was first outside Japan to cary his knives, Was first to get his knives as you call "hyped up " even so he did it all by him self !! So I will keep some of his knives for my self to use and to look at, I think even so, it may have some time to go to we are at the end of journey of some blacksmiths that do not have any one to take over , Kato, Toyama and we really have to appreciate that , I will rather keep them to my self then sell them to cheap

Latest posts

Back