Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same feeling. I have loved the feel of a good kitchen knife as long as I remember, but it is still a tool to me. I have no problem using 500$ on a knife that brings me joy daily in the kitchen. I would even pay 1000$ for a knife from a maker showing great craftmanship, knowing I could use it for the rest of my life and pass on a great knife to my children. But 2000+? I would never dare use it, it would just sit in a drawer as an "investment". I have zero interest in that, but to each his own I guess.
For me it is less about the price, and more about whether the knife is too beautiful to ugly up by using. Any knife I buy is going to get used, and is not going to be as pretty. Mostly I don't mind that, but I draw the line at dramatically striking Damascus patterns. I don't think I could bear to look at the results of my using such a knife. So no moon over Mt Fuji in my knife drawer.

Winner for those located in the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_8791.jpeg
    IMG_8791.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 0
I say we collectively fund a series of bots for KKF and then those who fund it can have their own little raffles, hahahaha
BRB whilst I set up the 'KKF Jiro Bot Syndicate' thread...

In all seriousness though, surely most people who know about Jiro and care enough to use bots are already on here?

Back