Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone knows how high they usually go since the price for a Shig KItaeji seems quite good? Don' t really see kitaeji Nakiri.
Also how does it compare to the KU Nakiri which is okay but also rather cheap?

Anyone knows how high they usually go since the price for a Shig KItaeji seems quite good? Don' t really see kitaeji Nakiri.
Also how does it compare to the KU Nakiri which is okay but also rather cheap?

$800-$1000 on the secondary market is my rough guess. Kitaeji will always cut better than KU

kitaeji Nakiris are around.

Its the kasumi nakiris that are true unicorns...

I asked how it works for precision work he says it's just as good at precision as being a workhorse. I'm skeptical but maybe he figured something out. Guess we'll see once some people have them.

There are lots of good reasons to spend $500 on a knife but I'm not sure the promise of a do-it-all knife is one of them. Leave that to Victorinox and the like.

Max’s knives kick some serious ass. The ones I’ve used were wicked. He is an extremely thoughtful and skilled knife maker, and an equally thoughtful and skilled knife user and chef. As well as having super super high standards. (Also a really nice and kind human) I know he is really happy and excited about this knife, and I know he wouldn’t be if it didn’t perform really well. His videos so far have shown excellent food release, including food release while push cutting whole chicken breast, which is actually pretty phenomenal. I agree cleaning will be a little more work, but honestly nothing a sponge and soapy water couldn’t handle, and since it’s aeb-l making sure you get every drop of moisture off isnt the biggest concern, but even that I think your average towel could do the trick just fine. He’s put a lot of time and care into developing this knife because he wants to offer great performance and good value. Personally I love seeing makers try to innovate, especially when they are doing it for all the right reasons.

Max’s knives kick some serious ass. The ones I’ve used were wicked. He is an extremely thoughtful and skilled knife maker, and an equally thoughtful and skilled knife user and chef. As well as having super super high standards. (Also a really nice and kind human) I know he is really happy and excited about this knife, and I know he wouldn’t be if it didn’t perform really well. His videos so far have shown excellent food release, including food release while push cutting whole chicken breast, which is actually pretty phenomenal. I agree cleaning will be a little more work, but honestly nothing a sponge and soapy water couldn’t handle, and since it’s aeb-l making sure you get every drop of moisture off isnt the biggest concern, but even that I think your average towel could do the trick just fine. He’s put a lot of time and care into developing this knife because he wants to offer great performance and good value. Personally I love seeing makers try to innovate, especially when they are doing it for all the right reasons.
I'll admit that when I clicked on the link, I expected something similar to that kickstarter thing that looked like a rolling garage door. But browsing his previous knives, this guy looks legit. I'm still skeptical about the finish but he certainly doesnt look like the type of maker that would put his name behind a low quality product

Scheepersbult is doing similar concepts.
I got to try this one

Food release was quite good and it did cut well. It could have cut a tiny bit better if you like more of a laser feeling but still really pleasant. The thing which hinders the smoothest cut is the transition from the lower bladeface which was also a bit too polished to the hollow with the grooves. Cleaning wasn't a problem especially if you don't let stuff dry on your knife. Though Majimes grooves are a bit bigger and continue to do so. Will highly likely still be a good knife but for 500$ still quite some knives available or spend some more and get a nice custom. Also just 180mm.

yeah i ve been following him for awhile now, and food release on his knives look insane. the chicken breast video as well lol. getting a custom from him is a dream for me. might have to settle for this release. still deciding :)

Back