Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a Blue 1 of these. Really is an amazing knife. Never held a standard Maz but the San Mai blue 1 is special.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Aogami Super version tho… anyone have one?

I’d pay basically whatever for an AS version of my 270 KU in white 2. Only complaint I have about that knife is that the edge retention could be better.

I'm intrigued by the Hatsukokoro but the kanji (specifically on the backside) looks a bit funky to me. Was it laser etched or something? Its been a long day so perhaps I'm a bit blind at the moment unless I'm not the only one.

I'm intrigued by the Hatsukokoro but the kanji (specifically on the backside) looks a bit funky to me. Was it laser etched or something? Its been a long day so perhaps I'm a bit blind at the moment unless I'm not the only one.
Lol probably, that aside, the Kanji looks exactly the same as on some Yoshikane, are they related in someway?

Interesting observation. The right side looks chiseled, the left side looks a little too smooth and rounded to be chiseled.

My Hatsukokoro in AS was chiseled on the right face. I don’t think the left face had kanji.

Lol probably, that aside, the Kanji looks exactly the same as on some Yoshikane, are they related in someway?
I don’t think it’s Yoshi. It has a machi and is blue steel, which I’ve never seen in Yoshi. Also, the price seems too low, especially with newer Yoshis coming with a heavy price increase. I think the description kind of implies it’s made in Sakai

Sounds like a custom Sakai made knife to me.

"Many of the knife enthusiasts prefer the larger Sanjo / Echizen profile to the shorter Sakai profile, as a result we are offering the Komoberi in a more traditional Sanjo profile that is very tall, and the length is true edge length rather than tip to machi length."

210 shig kitaeji Usuba on Japan Yahoo for 150k yen.
vs zahochos selling it at 175k yen which sold in 30 mins...

not too bad considering a kasumi 240 gyuto sells for 1k now ....o_O

I don’t think it’s Yoshi. It has a machi and is blue steel, which I’ve never seen in Yoshi. Also, the price seems too low, especially with newer Yoshis coming with a heavy price increase. I think the description kind of implies it’s made in Sakai
I was referring to the Kanji on the knife, some of the Yoshi such as the one sold in KnF has Hatsukokoro\初心 written on them instead of Yoshikane/吉兼

Back