Pretty places

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stelvio is BIG fun in the proper car, I recommend a Lotus Elise S or something similarly nimble and light for that one!
Been there done that in the Elise and later in an Audi S6 and the Elise won by more than a nose length!
Fun as that would be, I wouldn't have gotten my suitcases in one of those let alone 50 bottles of plonk!

Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse, Nova Scotia

IMG_2925.jpeg

Last edited:
Fun as that would be, I wouldn't have gotten my suitcases in one of those let alone 50 bottles of plonk!
Men of the world send their luggage ahead, or better...have peeps to handle that ;-)

Agree, there is no storage space beyond that fitting a clean set of underwear, which is needed when someone other than yourself drives the Elise to it's limits...scary stuff!

In 1960's Lotus ruled Grand Prix & Indy 500 in USA. In 1965 Jim Clark won both. Clark was the master of getting the best out of the Colin Chapman machines. When light weight & speed ruled. Safety didn't exist. It had to change too many drivers killed or severely injured.
Including the great Jim Clark who died racing the Lotus.

Lotus 25 that Clark won his first world championship in. Saw one in Vegas was blown away by the jewel of a race car in person. Was start of my diecast collection. Clark with his Indy 500 car 1965 with Ford Cosworth V8 engine & yellow pipes.
20240101_124410.jpg
20240101_124026.jpg

Back