Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my managers and workers should be replaced with AI šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Whoā€™s to say he isnā€™t already? ā€œYeah, Iā€™m going to need you to come in on your day off, cover three stations, and close on Christmas Eveā€

Last edited:
here's a hot take worthy of this thread's title:

habaneros are good. but scotch bonnets are better.
I had a taste of a muton pepper out of a garden in Honduras in November. It was fresh and tasty. It was along the lines of habaneros and scotch bonnets.

Last edited:
Habaneros are an awful-tasting pepper; they taste like crap. They bring low-medium heat but that's about it.
They are not trying to be the top hot pepper. There are plenty of peppers that bring more heat. I think they have a nice flavor.

My cousin turned me onto Crybaby Craigs, which is both hot and delicious. Aardvark is also excellent.
https://crybabycraigs.com/
For my money, Thai birds eye chilis have both a lot of heat and flavor - some of the best. But yeah, I think reapers have the flavor edge over habaneros.
Thai bird peppers taste Asian to me. I like them in Asian dishes. Reapers are too hot for me, and I lose taste and only feel heat. So, food does not taste good to me after it happens.

Last edited:
The best thing about Taylor Swift is that we donā€™t have to hear about BTS anymore.

Taylor Swift is a talented artist and savvy business woman and deserves her success
Not to mention the piles of money her shows bring to local economies. She will be here in Indianapolis in November. The hotel we have a preferred rate with downtown, where we normally pay $160/night told us that if we want rooms that weekend they are charging $2,500/night. All other hotels are the same.

What forum is that on? Do they have good stuff?
1703038043242.png

Not sure if this is the place to say this but guys if you tiped your knife ( accidentally broken the tip of your knife) and then "fixed" it by grinding the spine to form a more obtuse tip, please be honest about it when selling in BST.
It is not the first time I've seen this in BST and it's so obvious from the pictures that the tip was fixed and the owner saying that he only sharpen it once is just not fair.
Sadly we cannot confront the seller in his post as per the BST rules, but buyers beware. ask for pictures with the tip when buying!

Speaking of asking for more info in BST posts, I opened a thread to discuss potentially requiring individual item prices in Kitchen Knife Forums Announcements & Help

It doesnt show up under new posts which Im guessing has made folks not see it. We've had a lot of discussion about that in this topic and others so if you would like to share your opinion there please do.

I have finally tried chili crisp. 4 years after the internet went crazy for it, I picked up some fly by jings Sichuan chili crisp. I assume everyone beat me to this conclusion, but it is a meh condiment, the crisp is more of crunch mixed with a soggy chew, and the flavor of sichuan peppers are waaaaaay too strong.

Itā€™s probably ok if you like sichuan peppercorns though?

Not sure if this is the place to say this but guys if you tiped your knife ( accidentally broken the tip of your knife) and then "fixed" it by grinding the spine to form a more obtuse tip, please be honest about it when selling in BST.

Shouldn't be "Unpopular Opinion". To know and not disclose this would be lying by omission. Fair game to report.

I have finally tried chili crisp. 4 years after the internet went crazy for it, I picked up some fly by jings Sichuan chili crisp. I assume everyone beat me to this conclusion, but it is a meh condiment, the crisp is more of crunch mixed with a soggy chew, and the flavor of sichuan peppers are waaaaaay too strong.

Itā€™s probably ok if you like sichuan peppercorns though?

Fly by jing is totally meh. Iā€™m optimistic that there are better versions. S&B?

Back