Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharpening knives on stones is stupid and a waste of time.

A cardboard wheel is the only way to go.

Just my .02 😎

Knives don't count as a 401K?
Why not not you can cash them in later and sometimes they even appreciate... As long as they aren't shuns or miyabis.

I just spent my lunch break reading through this thread! Been away from kitchen knife forums for way too long! Back when I was more active with the various forums (until I got banned from some and just stopped posting on others), it was all about gushing over the latest maker or bashing the store/maker you didn't like.

A good knife is a good knife, regardless of price or maker. Love my Tanaka Sekiso knives that I have and some other less popular brands. I've had some high end knives that were just OK and some cheap ones that worked really well. I had some stuff from high end makers and it was kinda blah to be honest.

I hate a bead blasted kasumi finish (causes a lot of drag, non woven abrasive pads help get rid of it). Looks horrible and hurts the performance of the knife.

Most of the KU finished knives I have tried suck and are wedgey as hell. I ended up regrinding several of them and they performed much better, but when you look at the cost/time involved, its a waste.

Thick kurouchi is terrible. It irritates the poor sensitive knuckles of my left hand. I need more moisturizer. Please help me be soft and smooth again.
Or work grill and saute in a restaurant. Who needs full nerve sensitivity in their hands? :cool:............😐

Owning more than three knives as a home cook is a sign of self indulgence and vanity and should be a source of shame.

I don't own more than three knives... per day of the week.

The alternative to that would be: using a 300$ knife to prep food in a 15$ per plate snack is a sign of yadda yadda yadda.

Latest posts

Back