What are we watching lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love true detective season 2 also even though the pace of the plot is a little strange. Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughns performances seemed to be overshadowed by what was created in season one. Vaughns acting I thought was the best of his career. Rachel McAdams role might be my favorite female lead in any tv series ever. A shame what happened to that series. I stop watching the newest season around episode 4 because it was just too hard to watch. Keep hoping HBO can somehow wind back the clock, Nick Pizzolatto must be disappointed with what they did to his baby.

I watched Curb Your Enthusiasm on an on over the last 24 years but since the final season is running decided to do a full rewatch. Up to season five and man, there are very few shows that make me laugh out loud as much as Curb.

For a long time I've had The Wire and The Sopranos tied for best show ever, with my number 1 pick swaying depending on which day you ask me, but I recently started watching Deadwood again and good lord the writing is so great it's unreal. Makes me sad it didn't last past three seasons. Film was a blessing though.

For a long time I've had The Wire and The Sopranos tied for best show ever, with my number 1 pick swaying depending on which day you ask me, but I recently started watching Deadwood again and good lord the writing is so great it's unreal. Makes me sad it didn't last past three seasons. Film was a blessing though.
Hard pick to make. There’s also Breaking Bad, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, to name a few.

Just watched The Big Short
True story how few guys figured the banks selling worthless mortgage loans & shorted them. Made hundreds of million dollars. Was 2008 world wide recession.
Instead of sending corrupt bank managers to jail the Government used tax payers money to bail out banks & trading institutions. Was blamed on poor people unable to pay back loans & immigrants.

We have been enjoying britbox over the last few months and subscribed because we were watching Lewis on PBS and they stopped showing it on their Passport streaming and BB was our only option. Also have been watching Luther, Shetland, and Inspector Morse, but sadly, only a few left of each. Any recommendations for other great British cop shows?

Was wondering when first started watching Shetland how these Northern islands had enough crime to make a series. We enjoyed that series.

Just watched The Outlaw King on Netflix
Been on there a while just got around to watching it.

Picky on syfi so much is mindless crap.
Do like comedy & Resident Alien got great reviews so just started watching first episodes it is funny that's reason to keep watching.
I have high hopes for the new Alien movie and the delayed TV series. The last 2 Aliens were strong on visuals, weak on storyline. Hope Alien Romulus bucks the trend.
In the meantime Tokyo Vice is not too bad.

50% chance of rain in the pm. When it rains the P-R is always a classic. There have been some absolute belters in the last couple of years.
I'm not biased, but when it rains Mads Pedersen usually exceeds expectations…

Continuing the SciFi theme, Netflix's new series "3 Body Problem" is binge worthy. Intelligent, of-the-moment and with high production values. Highly recommended and I'm only 2 episodes in.

If you're into sci-fi the best (recent) recommendation I can do is Foundation. Feels like one of the few 'true' sci-fi like the Expanse where it's an actual science-fiction series instead of some glorified drama that happens to be in a futuristic setting.

If you're into sci-fi the best (recent) recommendation I can do is Foundation. Feels like one of the few 'true' sci-fi like the Expanse where it's an actual science-fiction series instead of some glorified drama that happens to be in a futuristic setting.
I watched the two seasons so far. Not bad, great production values. But the plot line is a bit cheap in places, where the writers took the easy way out coming up with some plot device that appears out of nowhere. ("Look, it's a miracle!")

Like I said, not bad, but not great. Watchable, but also somewhat forgettable, IMO.

I've been avidly watching Counterpart. It is utterly brilliant, IMO. J.K. Simmons is a fantastic actor, and the entire series has extremely well-acted and believable characters that really come to life. One of the best sci-fi series in many years! Available on Apple TV.

I watched the two seasons so far. Not bad, great production values. But the plot line is a bit cheap in places, where the writers took the easy way out coming up with some plot device that appears out of nowhere. ("Look, it's a miracle!")

Like I said, not bad, but not great. Watchable, but also somewhat forgettable, IMO.

I've been avidly watching Counterpart. It is utterly brilliant, IMO. J.K. Simmons is a fantastic actor, and the entire series has extremely well-acted and believable characters that really come to life. One of the best sci-fi series in many years! Available on Apple TV.

To me what makes it shine is the world-building... it reminds me a bit of Dune.
And it just goes far beyond the usual 'disaster-movie in space' / 'lord of the flies in space' / 'standard people-drama with aliens' kind of stuff in creativity IMO.

Latest posts

Back