Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing fancy last night, just a Bottom Round London Broil, seasoned with just salt, skillet fried, cut as thin as I could muster. Cheap beef satisfaction—trying to be budget conscious during this covid time.

357558C3-EF3B-4D4A-AA12-7F85306BEB79.jpeg

24673435-0DF8-460B-B8A0-B7CA07A5A3CB.jpeg

ME TOO!

unfortunately I had to sub it with Blood pudding. Being in ireland and all .... but I miss some good Morcilla (or butifarra negra as it’s known in Catalonia).... my mom in law always buys all kind for me when I’m over in Spain
you ever worked with blood? This from Ryan Farr’s Sausage Making book. I’ve not made this, but is on my project list.

A5112BE3-D992-4100-BBFA-D200D650560D.jpeg

you ever worked with blood? This from Ryan Farr’s Sausage Making book. I’ve not made this, but is on my project list.

View attachment 83113

never did, no! But I don’t know why people don’t like it lol....

i still dream of the smoked morcilla I had in Madrid. My then 2 year old loved it so much that he insisted on having breakfast in that place every single day ...

I love how your bacon isn't 95% fat. Hard to find here. Nothing wrong with ours. Just like options. But that north of the border stuff, don't get me started :cool:
I got the meat from my favourite local butcher, who still does things the old-fashioned way. After I explained that I was making bacon, he said he'd find a good-looking piece for me and de-boned it for me while I was watching. Then we chatted for a bit and exchanged recipes.

I really like supporting local small businesses like that. And it's nice to cultivate a relationship with a shop.

Last edited:
I LOVE MORCILLA!
Morcilla tought me a good lesson. I really dislike the local blood sausage, so I always refused having Morcilla. Once I was with a friendly business partner out for dinner in Madrid and he put in a lot of effort to make me try Morcilla...
I love the stuff

ME TOO!

unfortunately I had to sub it with Blood pudding. Being in ireland and all .... but I miss some good Morcilla (or butifarra negra as it’s known in Catalonia).... my mom in law always buys all kind for me when I’m over in Spain

Bummer!

Latest posts

Back