Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Braised GREENS. collards, kale and beet greens in the mix.

corn bread because, "corn-bread!".

greens.jpg

looks like you get enough heat transferred, nice cornicciola, care to share how you made the dough?
Thanks - I tried to google cornicciola, but only came up with references to a guy looking to kill the pope with a dagger..!
I use J. Kenji Lopes-Alt's recipe but reduce the amount of yeast and add 1% baking enzymes. My food processor is not powerfull enough to kneed the dough so I use my stand mixer instead.
I let it sit in the fridge for 2 days and bake it on a steel in my oven. I crank my oven as far as it will go(275C) for an hour and then turn on the broiler for 15 minutes. It baked in 5 minutes.

First time posting outside the intro. Really love seeing all of these creations! We’re nowhere near as creative in this house yet, but we made a breakfast taco brunch yesterday including carnitas done with a wet rub for 10 hours in the slow cooker.
C3655A2F-AC6E-4EA9-B3DB-DD8B6BAEC2EA.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4866.MOV
    9.4 MB
I have 2.5 kg of giardiniera (drained weight). What do I do with it? I usually only cook for 2-3 people and it expires in September.

I've chopped some of it into a relish. Any other ideas?

I have 2.5 kg of giardiniera (drained weight). What do I do with it? I usually only cook for 2-3 people and it expires in September.

I've chopped some of it into a relish. Any other ideas?
If it's refrigerated, I wouldn't worry about it expiring in September. However, that's a lot of giardiniera! Can you preserve it by canning in smaller containers? I've made my own and canned in 1/2 pint jars. Kept well for couple of years.

Any other meat sandwiches. Chicken cooked or garnished with it?
Good idea, maybe over roast a chicken, make a pan sauce with the drippings with dijon mustard, creme fraiche, and a handful of chopped giardiniera.

If it's refrigerated, I wouldn't worry about it expiring in September. However, that's a lot of giardiniera! Can you preserve it by canning in smaller containers? I've made my own and canned in 1/2 pint jars. Kept well for couple of years.
It's a huge metal can that's been opened. Was pickled back in September 2019 and has September 2021 as expiration. Opened it last week and now I keep it covered between uses with plastic film. I don't think it's a good idea to try and preserve it further.

Hotate Kaibashira, sashimi grade scallops from the Okhotsk Sea off Hokkaido.
C767976B-31E4-4C04-8A9F-2D8788D34D01.jpeg

Seared and served on asparagus and radish top risotto with grilled king trumpet mushrooms and soy butter…
6BFD963E-B7B3-44D8-991A-F6CD2A496EA2.jpeg

also prepped a tiny orphan raw with soy, wasabi and nori:
A9A8D580-4410-4B7B-9174-7D7FA68ED81E.jpeg

D8E44EA3-FA28-45CD-A17D-F6FE225890B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back