Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rib eye steak with sautéed smoked mushrooms, deglazed with semillon and bourbon, and finished with a demi-glace and butter. With a side salad of sorrel and lacto-fermented aji rojo (both from the garden), and avocado with a sprinkle of cured duck egg yolk.

This was a seriously nice meal. Probably my best effort in the past six months. Photos can't convey the taste and texture… :(

View attachment 132625

This sounds great to me. I love steak. I guess bourbon helped balance the smoke flavor of the mushrooms. I have never tried it but I think I will in the future. I only have used wine.

Bruschetta. Because you get to chop a lot of stuff for such a small dish 🤣
PXL_20210624_010347657.PORTRAIT.jpg

An oyster mushroom and chive omelette that I made this morning. I inherited a Griswold number 8 cast iron skillet from my grandmother’s move to a retirement home. The seasoning was in rough condition, so this summer, I stripped the seasoning, and I have been working on seasoning the pan. I am really happy with the pan now, and the omelette was really good.

Attachments

• 44FD991C-B4D8-4C67-B8C1-7BA4E0F752F1.jpeg
    44FD991C-B4D8-4C67-B8C1-7BA4E0F752F1.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 5
  • B54E98DD-125E-431A-BCFD-FFC04461CBEE.jpeg
    B54E98DD-125E-431A-BCFD-FFC04461CBEE.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6
Into a no BS heatwave here. It was 90F at 9am today and will be well above 100F all week. Which also means it won't cool down much.

So today I stocked up on veggies and then fired up the homemade WSM smoker and cooked up some pork ribs, chicken, and beef sausage. Plenty of protein for the week to get creative with.

7mfcpwF.jpg

mskdM7O.jpg

tuRSrgB.jpg

Don't judge me @Michi , I bought the sausage. 😁

Into a no BS heatwave here. It was 90F at 9am today and will be well above 100F all week. Which also means it won't cool down much.

So today I stocked up on veggies and then fired up the homemade WSM smoker and cooked up some pork ribs, chicken, and beef sausage. Plenty of protein for the week to get creative with.

7mfcpwF.jpg

mskdM7O.jpg

tuRSrgB.jpg

Don't judge me @Michi , I bought the sausage. 😁

Hot weather is a good time for cooking BBQ.

Back