Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franzbrötchen.

These are originally from Hamburg, and date back to the French occupation during the Napoleonic war. Somewhat similar to croissants with a sugar and cinnamon filling between the layers.
IMG_4307.jpeg

Pan seared triple tail, grits, saladView attachment 133546
From your profile I'm guessing you caught this yourself. Never caught one yet, but we just moved our boat down to Key Largo so I hope it will be on the menu soon. Recently did a small barracuda like that with panko crust, just delicious. We're going down there tomorrow and were hoping to go fishing but now we've got Elsa coming... :(

From your profile I'm guessing you caught this yourself. Never caught one yet, but we just moved our boat down to Key Largo so I hope it will be on the menu soon. Recently did a small barracuda like that with panko crust, just delicious. We're going down there tomorrow and were hoping to go fishing but now we've got Elsa coming... :(
Wonderful fish, eats shrimp, crabs and crustations , tender white meat, sweet. We catch them around channel markers, and crab buoys. Free lined shrimp for bait. Tough to find in fish markets.

Wonderful fish, eats shrimp, crabs and crustations , tender white meat, sweet. We catch them around channel markers, and crab buoys. Free lined shrimp for bait. Tough to find in fish markets.
Yes I've heard they are great eating, might have had one at a restaurant once a while back. Latest fishing report said they were catching them 10 miles offshore around the weed lines. We'll have to wait till next time due to the incoming storm.

A lot of people would probably just call that dinner, but we'll let it slide just this once...

Last night was Pasta alla Gricia…
A8AD6C2A-CF3F-4242-92EE-FE2BD31EC547.jpeg

So few ingredients. Best with guanciale, pecorino Romano and good pepper.
9C02E177-8C79-488C-87CE-F13181D5707A.jpeg

I like to bloom the pepper in the rendered guanciale fat and cook the pasta in a small pot so the water is extra starchy to help the sauce emulsify.
7070D3E3-B790-4810-8F62-73D418DEDA53.jpeg

Amuse bouche was Stracciatella from Foggia and local olive oil on a chip…
510E5C92-F1B6-4DFB-B479-FD106FC66C79.jpeg

Last edited:
For 4th July festivities I cooked the largest lobster of my life so far. 2.7 kilograms was the big one, also boiled a small one at 1.6 kilograms. Made a potato salad of new potatoes, and also a tomato salad. Clarified butter for dipping lobster of course.
IMG-20210703-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20210704_191354.jpg
IMG_20210704_190821.jpg
IMG_20210704_193623.jpg

We had overestimated how much lobster we could eat, so there was some tail meat and full claw left over. Used it in a pasta dish the day after with creme fraiche, shallots, and tarragon.
IMG_20210705_181924.jpg
IMG_20210705_182349.jpg

Maybe I'm crazy, but I enjoyed it even more as leftovers in the pasta dish than boiled and dipped in butter on day 1.

Back