Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous lake/river/swamp, were you just sightseeing, or hunting/fishing/trapping/bird watching? Steak/salad/rice rarely disappoints, that looks tasty.
Just booze-cruising and swimming with some friends. This river is created by several dozen springs that all flow into a main body. It's good aquifer water that stays 68-72° F year-round but it's so clear that fishing is pretty tricky. Most people cast-net or bowfish around this one.

Just booze-cruising and swimming with some friends. This river is created by several dozen springs that all flow into a main body. It's good aquifer water that stays 68-72° F year-round but it's so clear that fishing is pretty tricky. Most people cast-net or bowfish around this one.
Nice! Do you need to be worried about gators there?

Nice! Do you need to be worried about gators there?
There's a ton of gators, but they're just big chill dinosaurs and don't want anything to do with humans splashing around. They'll eat your dog if you're not careful but all it takes is a little common sense.

Venomous snakes (moccasins) are a far bigger concern since they like to sun themselves on logs where you're stepping or overhanging tree branches and drop into the boat when you spook them.

There's a ton of gators, but they're just big chill dinosaurs and don't want anything to do with humans splashing around. They'll eat your dog if you're not careful but all it takes is a little common sense.

Venomous snakes (moccasins) are a far bigger concern since they like to sun themselves on logs where you're stepping or overhanging tree branches and drop into the boat when you spook them.
Dang! Lounging gators in close proximity are way outta my comfort zone TBH. I’ve watched to many B-movies.

Pork burger with curtido and chipotle crema from yesterday was surprisingly good. Wedges and sauce Heinz on the side.
IMG_6261.JPG

I'm tempted to make it again, just so I could take a picture. it was spectacular and delicious.

I went kayak fishing yesterday. had a fun exhausting day. coming back I noticed my expensive kayak, had two clean stress cracks running straight thru my boat!! ARGH!!

when I got home, cooking something to eat was not gonna happen. wife and I did a "date night". she picked fancy pizza, since she knows it would cheer me up. I snuck a meatball sub into the order so the entire pizza came home with us. a simple (best if have had) Margherita pie.

this morning I warmed a slice in the M-wave, then toasted the crust on a pan..and then I laid a VERY soft boiled egg on top!! breakfast of champs!!

hahahha.. (I hope Hobie warranties my kayak. I find out Tuesday)

5rLouns.png
DE3gNvg.png

Couple of things I made recently from Nathan Outlaw's book. Scallops with fennel and malt and orange profiteroles.

Really brilliant book. Have actually had the dessert at his restaurant and the recipe is bang on.

Last night’s Hawaiian Chicken Long Rice, inspired by @Michi. My riff on the dish aimed for a bit more robust/distinct from the typical Hawaiian restaurant version—Korean Sweet Potato Noodles (japchae noodles) in place of the mung bean cellophane noodles, preferring the slightly thicker, heartier characteristics of the former; sanshō (Japanese prickly ash) at the last gave a lovely citrusy kick; chopped scallion as raw garnish as opposed to being cooked, brightened up the dish. Satisfying AF—not my grandmother’s recipe—different time, different sensibilities. 🔪 225mm Tsourkan, left handed workhorse gyuto, 52100
677AB643-FC8A-4A4E-9A34-F4EF2C0CDA7E.jpeg

FDE6A5BB-D784-44F0-A019-6C632A919BCE.jpeg

A8796EC4-F4D8-4F59-960B-C70CC503E1FC.jpeg

560F960D-49E6-4F43-B494-589FF1BB3C36.jpeg

Last edited:

Florida is WILD dude. 🤣

I'm tempted to make it again, just so I could take a picture. it was spectacular and delicious.

I went kayak fishing yesterday. had a fun exhausting day. coming back I noticed my expensive kayak, had two clean stress cracks running straight thru my boat!! ARGH!!

when I got home, cooking something to eat was not gonna happen. wife and I did a "date night". she picked fancy pizza, since she knows it would cheer me up. I snuck a meatball sub into the order so the entire pizza came home with us. a simple (best if have had) Margherita pie.

this morning I warmed a slice in the M-wave, then toasted the crust on a pan..and then I laid a VERY soft boiled egg on top!! breakfast of champs!!

hahahha.. (I hope Hobie warranties my kayak. I find out Tuesday)
Hope you get your Hobie sorted out. Had a Hobie 16 sailing catamaran fiberglass.

We would ship touring kayaks to outer islands Young Brothers barge. They were tough plastic molded polyethylene sit on top with large hatches to stow gear. Most had rudder systems. I would trail a handline & had a pole holder for pole.
Also worked well for freediving with spearguns We would anchor them. Bring fish back to ice coolers.

Back