Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deer season started here and a buddy gave me some venison backstrap. First time cooking with it. Has a similar taste to beef sirloin IMO. With honeynut squash purée and sautéed mushrooms.
54336428-D1D1-4131-A20B-79C814008E84.jpeg

0B104C8E-7087-4EF2-AD75-C517DC1D1772.jpeg

I also love how a very sharp single edge blade leaves whatever you cut with it kind of wondering if it is cut at all...

Bolognese tonight, which is a fun dish to test various knives. The farmers market had the biggest carrots I’ve ever seen. The Haburn blew through them no problem. Always fun to use the DT, and I forgot how much I enjoy the Kato. Really feels quick in hand, with a very fine tip.
IMG_3975.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3981.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3979.jpeg
    IMG_3979.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Reasons to have a microscope:

1) To look at bevels
2) To look at scratches in steel and iron, for polishing
3) To look at apexes to see if you have one
4) To look at @WCV's carrot and onion dice, to see if you can spot individual pieces

The question in my mind is: would all that cutting have been easier with a Sugimoto No. 6 or equivalent?

Reasons to have a microscope:

1) To look at bevels
2) To look at scratches in steel and iron, for polishing
3) To look at apexes to see if you have one
4) To look at @WCV's carrot and onion dice, to see if you can spot individual pieces

The question in my mind is: would all that cutting have been easier with a Sugimoto No. 6 or equivalent?
Haha. So far I haven’t converted over to the rectangle camp, although I have been eyeing a nakiri or vegetable cleaver. The new Haburn seems to provide the best of both worlds. Close to 60mm tall for a good portion of its length, but also has a tip. Of course I’m always on the lookout for a new knife to add to the line up ….

Back