Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sri Lankan chicken curry and yellow rice.
IMG_5309.JPG

Tofu teriyaki, broccoli gomae, kinpiri (burdock, carrot, yam cake “noodles”), rice, tomatoes

IMG_0392.jpeg

2x2x0.5 ish. Tanaka 210 from JNS
IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0391.jpeg

I was a little surprised when this usuba fell through the broccoli stems. Guess I wasn’t as far gone as I thought while polishing. Side note: remember to wipe off the marker before passing out. I don’t know what all that figuring on the kireha is all about. Not pictured: cutting noodles out of the yam cake, julienning gobo and carrot. Sukenari usuba from MTC
IMG_0389.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember a dish I ate as a kid. we would call it "wagon wheels". why? it was lotus roots cut across the root, which is very reminiscent of a wagon wheel to a group of wild-imagination kids. I loved the crunch and the tinge of sweetness.

I bought a fresh lotus root and went with my instincts on recreating the dish. basically lotus root, with some celery, stirred fried.

BOOM!! I haven't take a pic because I cut them into planks, not wagon wheels. it was SUPER DELICIOUS and the fiber content must be off the charts. maybe I will photo graph the leftovers. I packaged it up and put it in the fridge for later.

dang..lotus roots are da BOMB!

Tofu teriyaki, broccoli gomae, kinpiri (burdock, carrot, yam cake “noodles”), rice, tomatoes

View attachment 279389

2x2x0.5 ish. Tanaka 210 from JNS
View attachment 279391

View attachment 279390

I was a little surprised when this usuba fell through the broccoli stems. Guess I wasn’t as far gone as I thought while polishing. Side note: remember to wipe off the marker before passing out. I don’t know what all that figuring on the kireha is all about. Not pictured: cutting noodles out of the yam cake, julienning gobo and carrot. Sukenari usuba from MTC
View attachment 279392
Really nice cook on the tofu. Is that like a cornstarch crust?

I remember a dish I ate as a kid. we would call it "wagon wheels". why? it was lotus roots cut across the root, which is very reminiscent of a wagon wheel to a group of wild-imagination kids. I loved the crunch and the tinge of sweetness.

I bought a fresh lotus root and went with my instincts on recreating the dish. basically lotus root, with some celery, stirred fried.

BOOM!! I haven't take a pic because I cut them into planks, not wagon wheels. it was SUPER DELICIOUS and the fiber content must be off the charts. maybe I will photo graph the leftovers. I packaged it up and put it in the fridge for later.

dang..lotus roots are da BOMB!
Love lotus root!
Been looking for ways to cook with it other than soups and curries
Thanks for the inspiration 🤙

Pressed between a few layers of paper towel with a little weight on top. I think I used a 1qt/l Pyrex measuring cup as a weight.

I bought a All Clad copper core Dutch oven 5.5 quarts which I really like. It browns nicely. It makes a great bean pot, stew pot and chili pot. It is going to be one of my favorites. Making a chili recipe I came across with cinnamon not Texas chili. I used it all summer cooking different kinds of beans.
PS
Almost done with wife's cornbread...yum.

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

Last edited:
Chicken tender yaki-udon
IMG_0396.jpeg

The cutting - Toyama dama 180 Nakiri
IMG_0393.jpeg

Not shown: cutting tenderloins with my garasuki because obviously it was so efficient it was not capturable on screen?

Edit: stupid auto correct

Last edited:
Back