Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using a tandoor for the naan? If not care to share the recipe haha. Looks great!
Combine all ingredients below and let sit for 1 hour. Roll to shape (very thin) and lay into a hot pan (no oil, butter, or similar).

250 gflour
1 tea spoonbaking powder
1 tea spoonsalt
30 gyoghurt
125 gwater

Last edited:
My gf LOVED the naan bread yesterday, so she wanted me to make a naan-dal-cheeseburger:

46584261lo.jpeg

Probably one of the best burgers I’ve ever made…

Sunday roast (about 1kg a piece). Juicy, cooked to perfection. Don’t really know why I bother with cooking whole chicken as I really don’t care for the breast meat (I always find it bland and disappointing texture wise). Anyway, I can feed those bits to our doggo so they won’t go to waste.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
Sunday roast (about 1kg a piece). Juicy, cooked to perfection. Don’t really know why I bother with cooking whole chicken as I really don’t care for the breast meat (I always find it bland and disappointing texture wise). Anyway, I can feed those bits to our doggo so they won’t go to waste.

View attachment 280156

Looks beautiful!

If you haven't tried it already, spatchcocking and dry brining with salt over night is a game changer, even for the breast meat.

Last edited:

View attachment 280156
food looks awesome on black/dark dinnerware. well done!!

here is todays' meal. excuse the bowl. I go to the elderly ladies on my block, and grab bowls from them, fill them with stuff, and bring it back so they have a hot meal. this bowl is my next door neighbors.

I made (my version) of Mexican Posole. a pork soup..chili based.

tempImage1FfF5u.png

I wanted to do a sort of "ultimate roast chicken" so I did this mashup of Heston Blumenthal's "In Search of Perfection" and ChefStep's ultimate roast chicken. I used a Poulet Rouge from Joyce Farms that I immersion brined in a salt solution. Heston immerses, ChefSteps injects. I would have injected, but my needle is on the fritz. Anyway, After brining, I blanched the bird in boiling water for 30 seconds, then shocked it in ice water before repeating the process twice. After three rounds of blanching, I let it dry uncovered on a rack in the fridge for two days. At that point, she got a coating of olive oil and was ready for the oven:

DSC04907.jpeg

I went real slow and low, 200F with convection for roughly four hours. This is right when she went in.

DSC04912.jpeg

Hours later, my chicken dinner station was ready. The bird had hung out in a warm place for an hour or so, and the rest of my mise was ready. Just needed to make the sauce and do a final roast high temp roast on the bird.

DSC04946.jpeg

The chicken got the final crisp in my big oven at 550F with convection. My smoke detector knew that I was cooking something delicious, because it wouldn't shut up about it.

DSC04948.jpeg

Served with some homemade demi that I mounted with copious butter. Also mashed potatoes (also with copious butter) and green beans.

DSC04971.jpeg

The skin was super glassy and crispy without being tough. The meat was succulent and packed with flavor. My only complaint was that it was saltier than I'd prefer, so I'll back off the brine percentage in the future. I'd also probably injection brine. This was definitely my best roast chicken thus far. The leftovers were pretty spectacular too. I had some shredded leg meat on a bowl of Shin Gold ramyun the next day that was delicious, if pedestrian. But the next day I made a spectacular riff on a club sandwich using the sliced breast meat, Nueske's bacon, cheddar, avocado, lettuce, Duke's mayo, and some Fallot terragon dijon mustard on some local sourdough. It did not suck.

BAA80EA8-2A94-453A-A403-6715EDBE4AEE.jpeg

53FCF833-93C9-4050-B93E-BB946701E4D4.jpeg

The carcass is getting turned into stock tomorrow.

God I love cooking chickens.

Leftover. Cheese spaetzle with fried onions, fried beef marrow and fresh parsley 😍 the beef marrow should actually be added to the Pörkölt in the sauce to give it more strength. Unfortunately I forgot the beef marbones. So the mark was triggered and advised. You don't have to do it 😂but otherwise very tasty
IMG_2391.jpeg

Dinner line up
青椒炒肉 Stir fry peppers and shredded pork
麻婆豆腐 Mapo tofu
乾烤青豆和黑豆 dry roasted green beans with black bean garlic sauce
香腸炒高麗菜cabbage and Chinese sausage
IMG_2420.jpeg

Tonight’s team Isamitsu Aogami 150 petty, Birgersson nakiri, Edd works 51200 s grind gyuto
IMG_2424.jpeg
IMG_2426.jpeg

Lol I do that too!

Btw how are you liking the eddworks s grind?
I just got it
Used it for 2 meals
So far helps with release with slices but brunoise still stacks up a bit
But the grind is great
Tip slides thru horizontal cuts while the rest of the blade feels solid and robust
Really liking it so far but need to spend more time with it
I need to stop grabbing new knives but it’s SO hard

Back