Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greek lemon chicken and potatoes.
IMG_2030.jpg

I love when the market has rainbow carrots, tonight it was time to roast them up. Served with braised chicken thighs and lellow rice
carrots1.jpg

snapped this before ruining the shot with a tasty horseradish sauce (I should have put it on the plate first and put the chicken on top, but was thinking with my hunger)
plated1.jpg

Nothing fancy, just some regular Japanese dishes :)

Katsu curry
RcJ5uBal.jpg

i'm nearing the end of a 24 hours fast, just to prove to my wife I could do it. I am starving and I swear I can almost lick my computer screen!!

I am gonna make this soon!!!

i'm nearing the end of a 24 hours fast, just to prove to my wife I could do it. I am starving and I swear I can almost lick my computer screen!!

I am gonna make this soon!!!

Do it!
It tastes best when you're super hungry!
I love this dish. It reminds me of the student time, often came to the cafeteria late in the evening, and the curry rice is the only thing left.

Made this for the first time tonight: Algerian Shourba Frik. Very rich spicy soup with garbanzos, freekeh wheat, zuchini, tomatoes, cilantro, and myriad aromatics and ground spices. A Ramadan favorite. Served it with lamb balls made with onions, mint leaves and ground spices. Prepared this for an Algerian friend at the end of her fast.

IMG_1767.jpg

That looks gorgeous! How much veg do you receive; how often; do you know what you’ll get before you get it? Cool concept, never done it.
It’s called CSA. community supported agriculture. We get a box about 9x12x24 stuffed full. No, we get a one day notification on what they hope to harvest that day. It’s usually accurate but not always. It comes in waves. Right now we are in a lettuce wave. We get it every Wednesday and I go pick it up at a location. My location is someone’s house. The boxes are stacked and we look for the one with our name. We bring a basket, and leave the box.
kinda expensive. $30 per week. But it forces us to eat veggies and learn to cook new stuff. Like Fava greens. ***? It’s pretty fun.

It’s called CSA. community supported agriculture. We get a box about 9x12x24 stuffed full.
I occasionally take part in a scheme very much like this in Brisbane. The produce is mostly sourced from farmers in the Brisbane region, organic and all those good things, and generally of high quality. Not competitive with supermarket prices though.

The "locally produced" model, in terms of environmental footprint, may actually be worse than the supermarket model. There are advantages of scale associated with centralised distribution that a local distribution model can't match.

I am no expert in this field, but it disheartens me that the "evil cabal of supermarket monopolies" may actually be greener than me driving to the weekend market to buy local organic produce.

This is just one opinion, and I don't claim that this perspective is the definitive truth. But it did give me pause for thought:

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4162

Last edited:
I occasionally take part in a scheme very much like this in Brisbane. The produce is mostly sourced from farmers in the Brisbane region, organic and all those good things, and generally of high quality. Not competitive with supermarket prices though.

The "locally produced" model, in terms of environmental footprint, may actually be worse than the supermarket model. There are advantages of scale associated with centralised distribution that a local distribution model can't match.

I am no expert in this field, but it disheartens me that the "evil cabal of supermarket monopolies" may actually be greener than me driving to the weekend market to buy local organic produce.

This is just one opinion, and I don't claim that this perspective is the definitive truth. But it did give me pause for thought:

I feel the same way. I cant figure out how a local garlic bulb is more expensive than that tube of 5 garlic-bulbs that comes from overseas.

I think eating local will be see a resurgence one day. hopefully not out of necessity.

I learned that pea shoots are fantastic stirred fried into scrambled eggs and shrimp. at first I was , what do I do with pea shoots???!!! I had to google it.

You in Brisbane? I was there in 2019 for a visit. Had some good food—although don’t understand why fish markets and seafood restaurants have their oysters pre-shucked? Instead of shucking to order. Love Australia.

Warming up before dinner. Last week we had snow flying around, so sitting outside and seeking shadow is a bliss. French salami and a decent french knife to cut it with alongside some sun and a good Dolcetto - what’s more to ask for? (Oh, also had champagne and caviar at lunch 🙄)

F6BEF653-C4C5-491A-87DF-D34E967BF56B.jpeg

1D1C1D03-19E0-4A8D-9929-81757B5DD586.jpeg

Made a big chunk of ramson butter today, and enjoyed it with a flank with grilled asparagus and thin sliced potato. Still sipping the Dolcetto from earlier. Cheers🍷(oh, and those of you living in warmer countries might not get it, but first evening outdoors in a t-shirt is a big thing here ❤️)

1C21C1F0-F3B7-47C3-AD9E-0B542F2817AA.jpeg

Latest posts

Back