Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to a friend's for dinner, chef has the night off. I'm not going empty-handed, cream cheese pound cake just came out of the oven.
20210827_140826.jpg

20210827_142823.jpg

Will serve with berries, if I have time I'll make a lemon sauce.

Last edited:
Friday night... Don't have to cook... Beer... Mmmmm... Good beer... Hungry... Well, there's a pork tenderloin in the fridge I was going to freeze... And myriad veggies that should get cooked up... Well, I'll just do that and call it good. Sear the roast and then into the oven with it all.

1NF5ziH.jpg

But, there's that half-box of pasta from the other day, and oh here's a deli container with some homemade stock, and a hunk of parmesan, and some butter and...

BMQ67iE.jpg

Well damn... dishes...

:p

Had an awesome dinner last night with my lady. Two A5 filets, different prefectures and types to compare. Cold smoke for 1 1/2 hours, then sous vide and finished in cast iron. Some Ubaru rice, lobster mushrooms, and fresh wasabi to contrast. Was very good, and the crunchy (did I overcook them? No experience with them) lobster mushrooms were a nice texture change with the super soft steak and rice.
AB075D56-9526-47F1-A03B-39B37B9ED188.jpeg

16E797AA-C9C2-4127-B9BC-7763862CE416.jpeg
C8F0DA31-7E6B-477B-AF00-475496370EC6.jpeg
74856D6F-35D6-47F5-B133-A4DB5ECEF5C2.jpeg
0C443DF3-790E-432A-A604-A245CDA884BA.jpeg
37B045D3-C4AF-48BD-95B4-D6FF9C181FE4.jpeg

All my perfect diamond shaped grill marks are worthlessly obscured by the Cafe de Paris sauce.
What recipe did you use for the sauce? There are dozens out there, some of them dramatically different from the majority…

I had some lamb belly that needed to be used up, so I ran it through the meat grinder and made a ragu.
Sweat some chopped onion in olive oil, add the lamb along with a little ground up fennel and cumin seeds as well as fresh thyme and rosemary, salt and pepper.
Cook while stirring until most of the liquid evaporates. Add a little wine, some stock and your favorite canned tomato product and simmer until it's fabulous.
Serve with your choice of starch and top with basil and feta cheese. Bask in the glory of your creation and enjoy with a glass of the wine you used to cook the ragu.
IMG_2636 2.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen Tighe kitchen knife. Was it a special project for him or did he branch out? I admittedly don't keep tabs on makers.

I’m honestly not sure. I’m not much of an EDC guy so I don’t follow him either. Bought this on an impulse and it’s a good knife to grab when I don’t want to worry about wiping or being necessarily gentle. I’ve seen a few others floating around, not sure how often he makes them tho.

Back