All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the correct amount of neck for a cleaver
neck.jpg

interesting, I like the specs... any idea who makes this?

I with they disclosed heel height and spine thickness. But judging from the edge length and weight it should be somewhat thin.
Not sure… I saw Ichimonji and Takayuki selling similar knives, could be an OEM. Anyway I made an inquiry to Kiya, hope they will reply

interesting, I like the specs... any idea who makes this?

I with they disclosed heel height and spine thickness. But judging from the edge length and weight it should be somewhat thin.
Having handled one, I would say Sugimoto. The grind marks and sandblasted finish on the bevel looks the same. Sugimoto used to make their cleavers with the same handles.

http://www.kikumori.co.jp/english/product/china/index.html
Sakai Kikumori also have a couple listed on their site. Since Miura gets the scale handle gokujyo maybe worth emailing them?
I just gave mine another round of minor thinning and quick/lazy refinish to hide deeper scratches. Good knife, low spots weren’t as bad as on some Sakai cleavers (although that will vary knife to knife) and Tanaka white 2 edge retention is fine as long as you keep the knife very thin BTE and maybe finish the edge on naturals vs synthetics. If you thin it for 2ish hours and round the spine and choil some, you basically have a Konosuke FM white 2 chuka bocho.
51D5ED07-908B-4329-96AB-90E9FC60422D.jpeg

image.jpg

A level of versatility beyond my imagination.

Ain’t there even a countdown thread started about it? If it doesn’t happen I don’t see what can happen.

Back