All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've you want cheap and fun, Chopper King Small Slicer is hard to beat for $80 and has better steel than CCK. Mine is 204x90 cutting edge, 327 g. I can only find them listed by CKTG but maybe @blokey can point you to some international retailers.

Sugimoto #1 on Amazon is a killer price right now, though not sure how that will translate to you in the UK. I reaaally like the tall nakiri category but all mine have rounded tips, which I prefer frankly, so I can't help there.

I've you want cheap and fun, Chopper King Small Slicer is hard to beat for $80 and has better steel than CCK. Mine is 204x90 cutting edge, 327 g. I can only find them listed by CKTG but maybe @blokey can point you to some international retailers.

Sugimoto #1 on Amazon is a killer price right now, though not sure how that will translate to you in the UK. I reaaally like the tall nakiri category but all mine have rounded tips, which I prefer frankly, so I can't help there.
I don’t have anything from KnifeJapan yet… 😬

Second the Chopper King recommendation. For under $100 new, not sure what else would come close.

I don’t have anything from KnifeJapan yet… 😬
1000032482.jpg

Y'all thought Cajun stew season was over because it's in the 70s? WRONG. I'm spamming this thread now since I'll be gone most of March.

1000032492.jpg

For the past few days I've been trying to figure out/remember if the edge was me or the factory. Whatever it is, it's good and the shirogami has held bite for pepper skins nicely. Weight and geometry will compensate when it loses it.

Y'all thought Cajun stew season was over because it's in the 70s? WRONG. I'm spamming this thread now since I'll be gone most of March.

View attachment 303373

For the past few days I've been trying to figure out/remember if the edge was me or the factory. Whatever it is, it's good and the shirogami has held bite for pepper skins nicely. Weight and geometry will compensate when it loses it.
You're right that's a sweet board

View attachment 303373

Plz dont tell me all of that garlic is for one dish….

Plz dont tell me all of that garlic is for one dish….

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

It gets chucked in after the Trinity browns a bit in chicken renderings, then I make a roux, then dump a can of beer and the stock in and let everything hang out for a while. By the time it gets served the garlic is quite mellow.

Just in time for ARM

IMG_3789.jpeg
IMG_3790.jpeg

Karol Karys 235x67 AU/tight twist Damascus cladding super bunka
Karol marries brutalist aesthetics with unimpeachable craftsmanship and delivers knives with unique aesthetics and amazing performance!
Definitely as good as any western or Japanese makers out there!

Last edited:
Rectangle police arise. Is a trapezoid a rectangle? :p
I would argue that all four sided blades be admitted to ARM
Does it really matter if all our angles are not 90 as long as they all add up to 360?
All four sided blades should be unified against their three sided rivals
Can we just all get along?😂
I propose we change it to AQM
ALL QUADRANGLE MARCH!!!
Brotherhood of the Four Sided Blades!

Does it really matter if all our angles are not 90 as long as they all add up to 360?

End quad on quad violence!

I propose we change it to AQM
ALL QUADRANGLE MARCH!!!
Brotherhood of the Four Sided Blades!

DENIED.

OK, while waiting for customers to mail me back I got some time to bring my active collection in order for ARM:

PXL_20240228_151957361.jpg

From the left:

Unknown nakiri that I purchased used a year ago. Seems to be stainless. Don't know brand or maker or anything. More pics here

Kajibei nakiri purchaed from Cleancut two years agi. My initial review here.

Watanabe 165mm pro nakiri.

Chinese cleaver purchased from HW Larsen in Copenhagen. More pics here.

Am I good to go?

OK, while waiting for customers to mail me back I got some time to bring my active collection in order for ARM:

View attachment 303811

From the left:

Unknown nakiri that I purchased used a year ago. Seems to be stainless. Don't know brand or maker or anything. More pics here

Kajibei nakiri purchaed from Cleancut two years agi. My initial review here.

Watanabe 165mm pro nakiri.

Chinese cleaver purchased from HW Larsen in Copenhagen. More pics here.

Am I good to go?

APPROVED!

I've realized that tomorrow is the first of March 🫨 I'm not sure if I can finish the Nakiri till tomorrow but I made good progress these days 🤌
But I'm not sure if I can post the knoife here because it's from me and I thought I could only post my stuff in my thread....We'll see, maybe I'll risk a warning 🥸😄

Fabian ✌️

Back