Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know how this guy has like 1k followers on Instagram. And there are makers that follow this guy as well. I don’t want to follow him but I’m very curious about the content he puts out - my guess it’s a mix of Bible verse and FU’s to the KKF mods.

I think it’s like indirectly buying friends/followers. He has spent a ton of dough on knives and reading his random comments is borderline nauseating the way he fawns over makers. And by ton of dough, I mean paying whatever premium price was asked for. One of the weirder ones is this Rambo-looking culinary knife commissioned from
Hazenberg. But if you go back and read @crockerculinary post about him, that’s the real behind the scenes on him.

Who is David? :D

I assumed @daveb. Inquiring minds are inquisitive here.

Last edited:
I want to know how this guy has like 1k followers on Instagram. And there are makers that follow this guy as well. I don’t want to follow him but I’m very curious about the content he puts out - my guess it’s a mix of Bible verse and FU’s to the KKF mods.

I guess the below link answers to your question. I leave a summary for the fast readers :)

https://www.campus.sg/five-universal-laws-of-human-stupidity/
1639125606025.png

Cheers!

i'm really curious, too.

not saying i'm on his side, but i hope he was banned for something beyond what we all already know. afaik, he didn't actually break any rules. people should only be banned for breaking rules.

i'm really curious, too.

not saying i'm on his side, but i hope he was banned for something beyond what we all already know. afaik, he didn't actually break any rules. people should only be banned for breaking rules.

In principle, I agree. But then again, is there really a strict set of forum rules out there, other than the BST guidelines? I feel like mostly everything’s up to the discretion of the mods, and that “don’t be an ***hole” should be part of such an informal rulebook. Imagine someone starting billions of threads with personal attacks against different members; you’d want them banned. I’m not saying I know that Sparten crossed the line, but I do believe there is a line.

Last edited:
In principle, I agree. But then again, is there really a strict set of forum rules out there, other than the BST guidelines? I feel like mostly everything’s up to the discretion of the mods, and that “don’t be an ***hole” should be part of such an informal rulebook. Imagine someone starting billions of threads with personal attacks against different members; you’d want them banned. I’m not saying I know that Sparten crossed the line, but I do believe there is a line.

Hard to describe in words but easily recognizable when presented.

Agreed. In any sufficiently large group, you need to have some wiggle room for removing people based on a subjective judgment that they're making the community/organization sufficiently worse even if they're not violating specific objective policies. Some folks will always figure out how to hew to the letter of the law while being insufferable. If you don't have some room to remove them, you'll slowly drive out positive contributors who don't want to deal with obnoxious behavior.

(Not judging if that's the case here--I pretty much ignored the guy.)

i actually haven't looked at the overall forum rules since joining and can't remember what they're like.

there are different ways to run things, and that's fine! and again, i'm not complaining that he's out. i've even made a few 007 jokes, lol. i guess i was just getting up on my soapbox and preaching out of boredom since this thread is a shartstorm anyways. :)

Agreed. In any sufficiently large group, you need to have some wiggle room for removing people based on a subjective judgment that they're making the community/organization sufficiently worse even if they're not violating specific objective policies. Some folks will always figure out how to hew to the letter of the law while being insufferable. If you don't have some room to remove them, you'll slowly drive out positive contributors who don't want to deal with obnoxious behavior.

(Not judging if that's the case here--I pretty much ignored the guy.)

imo, the rules should actually become more well-defined as a group grows. not the other way around. that's how i have done things in groups i've managed.

start with simple rules to cover anticipated issues but don't expand them into endless hypotheticals. if and when needed, add new rules. enforce them fairly and consistently.

company culture also usually works this way. loose in the beginning, and then eventually you get a big HR dept, TPS reports, and soulless corporate culture.

Back