Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really a finding, but has anyone used this online store? Thanks, much appreciated.

https://www.japaneseus.shop/about.html
Definitely a scam.

Screenshot_20230521-140606.png

That looks to be a scam site. I’ve seen multiple scam shops recently, attempting to mimic real ones. This particular one looks to be impersonating japanesechefsknife.com. Stay away.
Thanks chaps! It was also my first impression looking at the prices, but always good to double check eh? Cheers, much appreciated!

I have his P grind cleaver, they are very well finished and the handle construction is one of the best in the game. The knife cuts really well and it’s thin behind the edge.
Gonna have to add him to the list. The chef for $475 doesn’t seem unreasonable at all.
The grind on those cleaver things is very neat though

There are a few more scam sites that keep popping out while I'm googling for knives. No real infos and way too good prices like 300 USD knives at 90USD 😅

anyone tried contacting him? I PM’d but no answer.

Pretty sure those are all sold by now. I know the AEBL gyutos sold within a day or two. Chatted with him a bit when that post first came out. Sounds like he’s pretty busy and just warming up back into things on the knife side. Not taking orders right now but said he’d have another IG drop soonish. Seems like a really nice guy with a lot on his plate. May consider opening his books up in the future but not right this moment etc.

Pretty sure those are all sold by now. I know the AEBL gyutos sold within a day or two. Chatted with him a bit when that post first came out. Sounds like he’s pretty busy and just warming up back into things on the knife side. Not taking orders right now but said he’d have another IG drop soonish. Seems like a really nice guy with a lot on his plate. May consider opening his books up in the future but not right this moment etc.
thanks. I figured they were probably gone. I’ve exchanged a few emails with him in the past, communication went smooth at the time. I’ve owned a number of his blades, all fantastic performers, but somehow I ended up selling them all. would love to grab a 240 or 180 gyuto

I’m kinda jealous he responded to you. I messaged him within a few hours of the post and was left on read.

I’m kinda jealous he responded to you. I messaged him within a few hours of the post and was left on read.
I wouldn't read anything into it. I think it's very easy to forget the sheer number of messages that knifemakers get on IG. If the really popular ones took the time to respond to every message they got, they'd never make any knives.

I wouldn't read anything into it. I think it's very easy to forget the sheer number of messages that knifemakers get on IG. If the really popular ones took the time to respond to every message they got, they'd never make any knives.

From what I’ve gathered, this is not abnormal for him. I’m not salty, but a simple yes or no would suffice when asked if it was still available. And that’s only because he posted the knives - I didn’t reach out unsolicitedly.

I’ve forged some decent relationships with a handful of makers who are busy but also communicate well. Kamon is a prime example of this. I’m not even knocking Marko if that’s just how he is but you can’t conflate communication with an inability to produce knives. There are lots of guys who can do both, and some guys who take a little hit in profit by letting a retailer handle the commutation aspect.

Unfortunately, there are a few excellent makers that don't communicate well or stop communicating, forget custom lists or stop responding. It happens a lot. Some of it can be explained by the time it takes, but some of it is just bad business. I can name 4 makers right now whom I ordered knives from and 1 is at least 1.5 years behind, 1 stopped responding 2 years back even though still produces knives regularly, 1 is a year behind and ignored 2 last messages, so I assume a lost cause and 1 hasn't responded yet after being 6 month late. All are excellent makers with work of the highest quality. Not an excuse just how it is. Which is why when we find the ones that make good knives and can also communicate we should cherish them.

I inquired about the price on several knives just to see what was available. It wouldn’t surprise me if he just didn’t respond regarding knives already sold. I’ve had this happen previously with other makers 🤷‍♂️. Wouldn’t take it personally. Seems like a good dude.

Back