Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@mahwen is an animal. I mean his "no frills" stuff is on par with a lot of makers higher end work, but when he does something higher end it's usually mind-blowing.
I reserved some budget to get a custom from Will, but I may or may not have pulled the trigger on that last W2 honyaki...🫣

Okishiba knives by Enishi tomo on insta again. Suspicious deba, some yanagi, all at outrageous prices. Last time it was like 180000 yen or something. The deba has a bit too much action going on, that’s more kumo than ashi.

Isn’t the old Ikkanshi stuff also by him? Lots of his stuff is still around in Kyoto and Osaka, he used to work for almost everyone. There’s a clapped out hakuho sharpened Ikkanshi on bst but alas, the hype train has moved on. Choo choo!

Okishiba knives by Enishi tomo on insta again. Suspicious deba, some yanagi, all at outrageous prices. Last time it was like 180000 yen or something. The deba has a bit too much action going on, that’s more kumo than ashi.

Isn’t the old Ikkanshi stuff also by him? Lots of his stuff is still around in Kyoto and Osaka, he used to work for almost everyone. There’s a clapped out hakuho sharpened Ikkanshi on bst but alas, the hype train has moved on. Choo choo!
Link? thanks in advance :)

Interesting one at Tsubaya
https://tsubaya.jp/en/products/minova-ceramic-butterfly-purple?_fid=6a6371718&_pos=3&_ss=c

1709052575211.png

I know some of his profiles and handle shapes weren’t the best fit. But I feel like this will perform at the top… or at least he’s getting close to the sweet spot. I don’t like to critique makers too much but I’m getting more and more interested.

I grabbed this guy based on Peter's (Modern Cooking) recommendation. I will let you guys know.

Will Newham is taking customs if anyone is interested

Anyone know if duties need to be paid on knives shipping from him (I assume in Australia) to Canada?

Any Canadians with experience? I know knives made in Japan and shipped to Canada are duty-free, and I would assume USA-made knives would be the same (due to NAFTA), but I don't know about Australia...

Back