Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whichever one of you is getting this beauty from Yanick… Congratulations! Everything is crazy cool from the damascus to the handle material. Grail piece for somebody. Not to mention 240x56 is just too perfect

Thats a one and done....game over type knife

Whichever one of you is getting this beauty from Yanick… Congratulations! Everything is crazy cool from the damascus to the handle material. Grail piece for somebody. Not to mention 240x56 is just too perfect

This looks to be a different grind from his normal low wide bevel grind. Anyone has experience with this grind?

It's NSFW.

20240217_114201.jpg

Am I crazy or does anyone else not like the handle design? Hard to tell but it almost looks like glue gaps between the 2 woods as well
Agreed. I saw the process of making this type of bark woodcraft, and it's involved but essentially it's gluing a layer of bark onto a plain handle. It looks cool on some fancy boxes I've seen, but for a handle Im thinking why not just use a nicer piece of quality wood instead?

Very nice looking blade, how's performance compared to his usual if you've tried his usual? if not how's the performance anyway?
It cuts very well but it's not a Ferrari like some of these super high-performance grinds with complex and subtle geometries.

It feels more like a Lexus. Sturdy. Well made. Very good at what it does. A great performer but nothing too extreme.

The blade is 250mm long and is Yanick's older less pointy profile with a flatter belly and a lower tip. The grind is thinner and slicey-er than his usual KU stuff but stiction is a little greater with certain foods given the polished face. But its nothing out of the ordinary.

One day if I get time, I might like to write a more comprehensive review and comparison. Overall it is an excellent knife well suited for the majority of kitchen tasks. Mr. Puig's craftsmanship is some of the finest out there and his wrought iron cladding is nothing short of mesmerizing.

20240217_114223.jpg

It cuts very well but it's not a Ferrari like some of these super high-performance grinds with complex and subtle geometries.

It feels more like a Lexus. Sturdy. Well made. Very good at what it does. A great performer but nothing too extreme.

The blade is 250mm long and is Yanick's older less pointy profile with a flatter belly and a lower tip. The grind is thinner and slicey-er than his usual KU stuff but stiction is a little greater with certain foods given the polished face. But its nothing out of the ordinary.

One day if I get time, I might like to write a more comprehensive review and comparison. Overall it is an excellent knife well suited for the majority of kitchen tasks. Mr. Puig's craftsmanship is some of the finest out there and his wrought iron cladding is nothing short of mesmerizing.

View attachment 305620
Yea I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing a thousand more pictures of this beauty either

I would need to up my game. You and @ZeeVee and some others have really outdone yourselves on the photography.
Ah ok, I see what you’re saying. I guess if you want you can send it to me and I’ll photograph it for you. Just a heads up though, turn around time on sending the knife back is likely a couple years, sometimes they never even make it back…. 👀

Apologies if this is not the appropriate thread to post this in, but for anyone who bought a knife from the last Joel Black drop (2/28), have you received any notice that it's been shipped? I received confirmation of my order, but nothing else. It's been just over a week now, so just curious. Thanks.

Apologies if this is not the appropriate thread to post this in, but for anyone who bought a knife from the last Joel Black drop (2/28), have you received any notice that it's been shipped? I received confirmation of my order, but nothing else. It's been just over a week now, so just curious. Thanks.
I've been wondering the same thing. I just emailed him today to ask if he has a tracking number or ETA on shipping. I'll send you a message if I hear back from him.

Back