• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Mizuno Tanrenjo Ao Hagane DX 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have this habit of buying an absurd amount of petty knives or other small knives (think 150mm or less). I use that size quite a bit and it lets me get a good feel for different makers or without breaking the bank. I bought a Mizuno Tanrenjo B#2 petty right before the price increase as my first knife from them just to give them a shot. It's quickly become my most used petty (out of a lot of other options). It's not my prettiest one, but holy bejeezus that thing just doesn't give up. It's the only knife I have that still cuts well even when it's not sharp. It stays decently sharp a really long time, but even when it's not sharp it still just cuts anyways. I don't know how else to explain it, but it's what happens. 🤨🤷‍♂️

I wanted to give the gyuto in B#1 a shot since that's supposedly their top of the line. Just wanted to see if anybody had one kicking around that they were willing to part with on here first.

Secondly - anybody have any experience with their single bevels?

Previously Owning maybe 70 or so chef knives (currently at 20) . Miz blue 1 ... amazing sorry mine is on the no-sell list, and def might be one of the last if I had-to -sell. - good luck man. Great choice.

Damn enablers everywhere on this forum..
I've had both the blue#2 and #1 regular Miz gyutos in my cart too many times over the years without pushing the order button in the end,
I really don't want another fully reactive gyuto, but I desperatley want a Miz gyuto.
The way you guys speak about them, and the DX core, they sound like one of the truly special must-have-owned-during lifetime knives.

Everyone seems to like the aogami 1 steel from mizuno, I am gonna place an order as well

Reactions: ian
Back