Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of all the household tools I have, I think a mandoline’s the last one I’d choose for an affair... more power to you.

mc2442

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the last stages of a scab. Took a large chunk of my knuckle cutting up carrots to ferment using a mandolin. I threw it out, tho cutting 4 lbs of carrots might make me get another.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Gotta live on the edge. Hold the product under your palm.

AT5760

Reaction score
In addition to those full sheets that are going to cost me $1.5M in upgrades, I also got a handful of quarter sheets. Holy sheet! See what I did there 😉?

Those things are so incredibly useful. Great for moving stuff to and from the grill, works for marinades. Baking too! Why in the hell have I not been using these all of the time for the past 15 years?

tomsch

Reaction score
I'm also an anti-mandolin fan evidently because I'm too uncoordinated :) Too many cuts involved.

WPerry

Reaction score
I've had this chunk of walnut and a stack of magnets sitting around for months - finally got off my butt and made a knife bar for myself. I'm happy with the way it turned out... and now to replace a few of these knives with something more fun.

DSC08027.jpg

Juztian

Reaction score
Got at new weight today, a bit of an impuls buy, but the price was really good.
IMG_20200520_182745.jpg

Stewart122

Reaction score
I've had this chunk of walnut and a stack of magnets sitting around for months - finally got off my butt and made a knife bar for myself. I'm happy with the way it turned out... and now to replace a few of these knives with something more fun.

View attachment 80483
Simple and really nice - might have to try doing something similar for my kit!
Looking forward to seeing what you get for the replacements.

rickbern

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I needed a new small pan that would act as a 20cm sauté pan, a braising pot and a general saucepan.

Settled on this 2.7 liter 20cm Fissler, I’m really happy with it. Great quality, great heavy duty lid. It’s about to get covered and spend a couple of hours in the oven.

The le creuset in the background is 4.25 liters, too big for lots of applications nowadays
image.jpg

Last edited:

lars78

Reaction score
smaler pure cast iron Skeppshult casserole i like a lot. The lid is also a grillpan and not as big as my le creuset casserole.
IMG_5264.jpeg

Xenif

Reaction score
I'll be seriously disappointed if you're trolling. Where'd you get it?
Amazon! I have a yellow one incoming as well (out of stock). I never troll when it comes to Hello kitty stuff. Infact, it was a particular hello kitty handle on a Shigefusa (from this forum) that first got me into the world of japanese knives. I was like "I love that handle! Whats that knife its attached to? What the heck is a ... shi ... Ge ...fu..sa? Huh?"

Michi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the last stages of a scab. Took a large chunk of my knuckle cutting up carrots to ferment using a mandolin. I threw it out, tho cutting 4 lbs of carrots might make me get another.
Cut-resistant glove is probably a good idea when free-handing with a mandolin. Or use one of those bell-shaped holders.

minibatataman

Reaction score
Cut-resistant glove is probably a good idea when free-handing with a mandolin. Or use one of those bell-shaped holders.
+1 for the gloves
first time I used a mandolin a sliced the tip of my finger clean off
gloves are easy to use and don't get in the way like those holders do