Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy black friday sales, broke down and decided to give the kitchenaid another shot, grabbed this copper 7qt model to match my new Xerxes with copper trim.
View attachment 66185
Damn I dodged a bullet buying the black kitchen aid, since most of my black horn will match it [emoji13]

That copper colour is really nice [emoji7]

Ha! That's not downsizing.......:D

But I’m getting rid of the stand alone juicer, stand alone meat grinder and manual pasta machine, so...I’m actually saving space!
IMG_9247.jpg

These look really nice! Where did you get those?

I've been sorta shopping for a quality pan, (have the readily available cheapo). You gotta linky?

https://www.globalkitchenjapan.com/collections/tamagoyaki

The 12cm pan is the Asahi brand and the 18cm one is the Kanto style from the other brand. I’ve seen them listed as EBM and Marusin, and they’re available in Japan at places like Kappabashi too. If you order I’d wait for a 10-15% off sale, or check to see how prices compare to domestic options like MTC Kitchen Korin.

I had the wooden “lids” custom made since I couldn’t find a 12cm size, but you can get them for the larger sizes

Just completed my Blu skillet set, carbon pans, hand made in seattle. Kinda of hard to get. Just in time for the new house, time to fire them babies up.

Attachments

• CA608A44-E464-41FD-9D91-F9284B9E5C96.jpeg
    CA608A44-E464-41FD-9D91-F9284B9E5C96.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 104292B2-36C1-4AF8-90F7-80865A2CB328.jpeg
    104292B2-36C1-4AF8-90F7-80865A2CB328.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 150
Nice! I can’t justify the coffee grinder but perhaps a pepper mill lol
I've used it a few times now. Two things stand out:
  • I get a lot of pepper out of the thing very quickly (less than ten seconds for a teaspoon of ground pepper).
  • It takes a fair bit of effort to turn the top because the grinding mechanism is large and grinds a large amount of peppercorns at the same time.
Adjusting for different coarseness is reliable and quick, and there is a slick locking mechanism that prevents the mill from going out of adjustment. Once set, it stays set until I change it.

For use at the table, I don't think it's the best option. If anything, it produces too much pepper all at once. For cooking, it's perfect because it gets the job done quickly and consistently.

Overall, I think it's an excellent grinder—albeit at an exorbitant price.

Just completed my Blu skillet set, carbon pans, hand made in seattle. Kinda of hard to get. Just in time for the new house, time to fire them babies up.

Obviously you have a lot of disposable income, and I don't mean to be snarky, but do you actually have a need for that many skillets? I mean if you actually do that's awesome! If you don't really, I still think that's a gorgeous set of artwork and I am jealous either way!

If you do use it all I just wanna make sure you post it in action baby!

Personally, I'm not a fan of riveted handles on high-end cookware. It's the cheap(er) way to attach a handle. For example, I value Demeyere over All-Clad, besides other considerations, because the handles are welded instead of riveted. It's an additional, skill-requiring step that takes more effort and expertise and results in a cleaner looking (and performing) product. If they made those skillets but with hand-welded handles with a gorgeous weld bead it would take it over the top. Instead to my eye the rivets look like an arbor-press cop-out and detracts from the beauty of the pan design.

Last edited:
Obviously you have a lot of disposable income, and I don't mean to be snarky, but do you actually have a need for that many skillets? I mean if you actually do that's awesome! If you don't really, I still think that's a gorgeous set of artwork and I am jealous either way!

If you do use it all I just wanna make sure you post it in action baby!

Personally, I'm not a fan of riveted handles on high-end cookware. It's the cheap(er) way to attach a handle. For example, I value Demeyere over All-Clad, besides other considerations, because the handles are welded instead of riveted. It's an additional, skill-requiring step that takes more effort and expertise and results in a cleaner looking (and performing) product. If they made those skillets but with hand-welded handles with a gorgeous weld bead it would take it over the top. Instead to my eye the rivets look like an arbor-press cop-out and detracts from the beauty of the pan design.
Hi Orange,

I don’t disagree with anything you said or see it as Snarky. We just built a new house that we moved into last month after a couple years of drawing plans and getting it built. I’m a commercial Contractor so we over saw the project ourselves, during that time I set out to get a set of Blu Skillet Ironware. My son lives in Seattle and helped by attending the local sale and my family would help on the online sales too. It took about as long as the house so the timing worked out, I wanted them for the new place.

I actually agree, I don’t need that many and will be cutting a few loose after I use them awhile and see what I like. I bought the little gratins so I can make individual cornbread or deserts and serve them with a meal. I did use the big gratin and 10inch skillet for the first time a couple days ago, they didn’t disappoint. I agree about the rivets too, they do a good job making them look old world and stand behind their product though, if I do I have a problem I’ll send it their way. Anyways, thanks for the good words, much appreciated. I’m just a home cook having fun with cooking as a hobby.

Decided to burn some Amex points to renovate the mid sized pans in the kitchen. Bought a 28 cm Demeyere ProLine fry pan (already had a 24) and a 28 cm Mauviel 250c saute pan.

25 years ago (pre divorce) I had a 3mm copper saute pan that size, I've been missing it ever since. Figured it's now or never, I can still lift it up!

pans3.jpg

Decided to burn some Amex points to renovate the mid sized pans in the kitchen. Bought a 28 cm Demeyere ProLine fry pan (already had a 24) and a 28 cm Mauviel 250c saute pan.

25 years ago (pre divorce) I had a 3mm copper saute pan that size, I've been missing it ever since. Figured it's now or never, I can still lift it up!

View attachment 68547

Looks great! I could hardly manage to put together a single dinner without my copy of that Demeyere. Great pan, great size.

Latest posts

Back