Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some highlights from the past couple days.

1) Burrito and Somerset table grapes. (Burrito made with smoked pork shoulder, ayocote morado beans, kale, cheddar, avocado, sour cream, lime, radish, homegrown habanero, red rice made with homegrown tomatoes).

CADC7AC5-5AF6-4E45-B72B-F044E8EC6FB9.jpeg

2) Green carbonara. (Fresh made spinach fettuccini in a carbonara sauce.)

A044F44F-EBE4-42B2-A133-78EDFAF76422.jpeg

3) Puffy crust sourdough pizza! (pepper-olive-pepperoni, pepperoni, and cheese)

FE2A22D0-55BE-49B1-8F0B-1D4222CC35D4.jpeg

Stupid sandwich is upside down!
Excellent, I knew something was going on 🙃 My ADHD/Depression usually means I always assume that I'm somehow misinterpreting what's been said, so I have taught myself to ask rather than spend the next week wondering how I could be so stupid as to get something that simple wrong, thus I appreciate you clarifying that it was, in fact, the fault of the sandwich 🙃

Nice! How'd you like the urfa biber in that dish?

when I read the other thread, after doing some basic research, it made it seem that it's fairly spicy.. around 60k scoville units. But, my end result was not spicy at all, just a bit tingly. I got more tartness from dressing vs spice. I do admit that I may not have used as much as I should have buit I wanted to go easy on it at first. I think it maybe better using rubs or even bbq sauces for pork for example. Either way, I did enjoy it.

Nothing fancy, just lazy night baby back ribs. Not heritage breed, not low and slow—just cheap supermarket pork for my impulsive pig fest—it was so good. Guajillo chili spice rub + Texas style BBQ sauce.

Pork tractor knife by Bryan Raquin.

ADD363FE-8A0B-4F3B-AEFB-FF0AD7C9ACB4.jpeg

AB903563-FF04-48BF-91B0-630087967559.jpeg

365837AD-41EE-4208-9042-A9C0BDAC265F.jpeg

85AADB63-1FDF-45FD-88B7-1E8C872444A5.jpeg

Hey, what brand induction hob is that? I've been wanting a reasonably priced one for a while. Hotpot food looks awesome, as does all your food.
I don't really know, whatever that was being sold at Costco for under 50 cad at some point a year or two ago. Didn't do any research or shopping for it.

Eggs in the form of a fritatta this morning, always good to change things up.
XH1A4789.jpg

Then lunch has lettuce, onion, cornichons and tomato to accompany the umami burger.

"Yes, you get to use the magic knife, but I want the lettuce nothing like as thin as last time, OK?"

XH1A4793.jpg
XH1A4796.jpg

Back