Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my cooking, but I was happy to enjoy Chinese hot pot at my neighbor's last night!
20211231_193050.jpg

Happy new year to all the members of my favorite internet clubhouse!

I hope to be more adventurous with my leftovers in 2022 and I think this was a good start - Thai beef veal salad made with yesterdays leftover roast.
View attachment 158600

My friend, if you're going to get even more adventurous in 2022, we're in for a helluva year of pictures! :)

spent a few hrs making food today for my mom... she always says she has no appetite and such, so i wanted to make something special for her... now she is complaining how i made her too much food.. well, i said, that's why they invented doggie bags... now she is complaining about other things :)

dinner-of-champions.jpg

(did not make carrotcake)

carrot-cake.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 10
  • biscuits.jpg
    biscuits.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 10
So the wife decided that some cocktail involving Fireball and Cream Soda was the absolute right way to welcome in the New Year.

She spent the day mostly solitary and looking like a trout lying on the dock wondering what the hell happened.

Simple, hearty fare was in order.

Goypr6d.jpg

Chorizo, ground pork, fried potatoes, eggs, etc.

Thanks! The gravy is some of the peas pureed with some of their cooking liquid. The overall dish basically Sean Brock's recipe from his book Heritage. I thought the idea of a pea gravy was kind of weird the first time I made it, but then I tasted it and found it to be silky and delicious. I could just drink it.

I do something almost exactly the same but have never thought to include potatoes to make a tidy package like that. Will definitely try it now though. Did you boil or bake them first?

It works nice with orange slices too. :)
Yep, I parboiled the spuds. It's a great way to cook imo, the aromabomb when you open the package is awesome..!

Back