Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a leftover pumpkin from around Halloween that I had been intending to make a pie with. Went with a brown butter sage pumpkin pasta instead. Came out really nice, I’m definitely going to have to make this again.
xxGzvjr.jpg
7Jfgp3d.jpg

50D084FE-E30E-44B7-AEBB-8B2EF5E28F88.jpeg

I watched the old Mind of a Chef clip of David Kinch’s pommes paillasson about a thousand times just because i liked the show but never considered making it … until i visited my parents and found a couple quarts of duck fat in their freezer.

Shredded potato slow poached in duck fat, molded in a sheet pan, chilled, then deep fried in the duck fat again. Lots of work but one of the best hashbrowns I’ve every had and a showstopper of a party app. Just wish I had some caviar.

Steak Haché À Cheval aka chopped steak topped with caramelised onion and a fried egg. I added a spoonful of fermented chilli sauce because I just made some and was curious. It didn't suck. Roasted veg on the side...
IMG_5637.JPG

Century eggs with spiced and fried firm tofu and fire-roasted bell pepper.

View attachment 285787
🦆 You inspired me—I just popped into Chinatown to grab a pack of Century Eggs. Will be used to garnish Turkey Jook. ⚠️ For now, I’ll ignore the “cancer and reproductive harm” warning on the label.
A230BF7D-C8FD-483E-A80F-78B4C9FDEC78.jpeg

Never thought octopus would suit to a pumpkin...I have some tentacles from the last (big) one...Share the recipie?

Would you be willing to share a recipe on this? I've already eaten dinner, but I'm drooling.

Sorry for my late reply!

I don’t really have a recipe. I live far from the coast, so the octopus was pre-cooked. I pan-seared (more heated than seared) it in olive oil, garlic and chili, added fresh parsley before serving.

The pumpkin purée was pumpkin, onion, garlic and red curry paste with coconut milk, and then seasoned to taste.

Really, nothing special, and except for the octopus I used what I had at home.

Sorry for my late reply!

I don’t really have a recipe. I live far from the coast, so the octopus was pre-cooked. I pan-seared (more heated than seared) it in olive oil, garlic and chili, added fresh parsley before serving.

The pumpkin purée was pumpkin, onion, garlic and red curry paste with coconut milk, and then seasoned to taste.

Really, nothing special, and except for the octopus I used what I had at home.
Nothing special except for those magic hands. Thanks for sharing the base to start with!

Back