Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carbonara
20231213_195214.jpg

Persian Baghali Polo Ba Mahiche (rice with broad beans and lamb shank). The rice is basically a Tahdig with broad beans and sultanas. Culturally inappropriate mediterranean mixed salad and German cucumber salad on the side. This turned out very nice and will go on the repeat list.

IMG_6228.jpg

I was thinking about the upcoming holidays, reminiscing from when I was a kid, going to my grandparents and aunt's house in Bellerose, Queens, NY for the family Christmas feast. One of my favorite foods there was the Jewish Corn Rye Bread they always had in their house. There's no actual "corn" in the bread, it's name comes from "kornbroyt", the "korn" being old Germanic for "grain" (rye). It's a different bread than regular sandwich rye, moist inside, a little sour with a chewy crust. Found a recipe online and gave it a go. Despite the loaves being sub-par aesthetically, with little oven spring, the flavor, texture and crust were pretty close to what I remember. Pass the butter!

IMG_9675.jpg

the constant show of great looking Taco's made me buy a Taco press....

Bunch of enablers
Nice - in the words of my Mexican culinary spirit animal Rick Bayless “it takes two minutes to explain how to make a tortilla, but it takes two years to master”. Enjoy the ride..!

Nice - in the words of my Mexican culinary spirit animal Rick Bayless “it takes two minutes to explain how to make a tortilla, but it takes two years to master”. Enjoy the ride..!
looking forward to it, I detect similar sadomasochistic tendencies in myself wanting to master Pizza and roasting Coffee so it should be fine ;-)

Back