Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those morels are frickin' *mint*. We wont' start seeing them for another month or so, but we're like a morel hotspot so people are out there industrial harvesting, and it's getting harder every year to just go pluck a few without getting into a turf war xD
It’s an early season for them here in southwestern Pa. There were a few that were already too old unfortunately. And yeah the turf war thing is real! Had to duck a few passerby’s today 😅

I think if you bear that Kamon ork slayer in hand while strolling through the forest you will win the dual and will have little competition foraging for mushrooms. @daddy yo yo - do you still have that thing?
The big Ork slayer with the green handle was a loaner from @KAMON Knives. Those were wonderful times when we were so close that he let me play with his big thing! :angel:

Asparagus risotto:

47420181hw.jpeg

Plant forward dinner. Economy Bee Hoon (stir fried rice vermicelli) with Gyoza and Gailan—last of this batch’s leftover Singaporean hawker noodles. Also, a simple supper salad. 🔪 240mm Kochi, gyuto, carbon, ku, w/ machi.
C9498A1C-3B7C-49DA-AA6F-5346A5DDE882.jpeg

315A8273-71D3-4D1C-8CBD-F5432E66B7EE.jpeg

FEB26444-B53F-4335-81C0-643D30213899.jpeg

2EDF0F0E-E2EC-42AE-80D4-B2C79D4C2F48.jpeg

Last edited:
After taking a Rocky mountain spring skiing trip at 9600-13000 ft altitude, we returned home to sea level Florida and I guess the extra oxygen gave me the energy to have another pizza fest. Started with the usual Margherita test pie, then a sausage and mushroom and finally a reduced cream with mushrooms, sauteed onion and Provolone. Put the last dough ball in the freezer. We'll see how that goes...

IMG_9982.jpg
IMG_9983.jpg
IMG_9984.jpg
IMG_9985.jpg

First pizza night of spring! Always fun to use the Gozney Dome. We can usually gather a small crowd to feed so we end up making whatever people are craving at the moment. Always gotta start with the margherita, but typically end up doing a lot of basic pizzas (various combinations of cheeses and cured meats) until everyone gets full. Then I can start experimenting with some funky combinations.

This time using the Dome I decided to see how hot I could get it, and consequently how fast I could cook a margherita at that temp. The marg shown was cooked in ~70 seconds at an oven floor temp of 860F and air temp of 920F.

Was only able to get decent pics of the marg and a buffalo chicken pizza (as shown).

Side note: I recently purchased the Modernist Pizza cookbook set at a heavy discount and am hoping to make my way through those books by the end of the summer. Hopefully you all will be seeing some fun creations from me during that journey.
IMG_0305.jpeg
IMG_0302.jpeg
IMG_0303.jpeg

Verdant salmon soup. For some reason the dill and spring onions really pop in that image. Used dashi for broth, it gave the soup a really refined and clean taste.

Not pictured, my other weekend cooking. I made fresh Vietnamese spring rolls (vanamei shrimp and sugar cured salmon) for my friends birthday on Saturday, and on Sunday I made a two pound beef roast which will serve me for many a fine roast beef sandwich this week. :)

Those spring rolls tho… really awesome esp. with this oyster sauce/hoisin sauce/fresh lime juice dip, but are they a ton of prep or what? 😅 Was abroad for work last week and doing all the prep and also the shopping with my tired ass brain trying to cope with stuff… progress was slooooow. Oh well, everybody loved them so it was worth it.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Okay you inspired me. Next time I have some confit legs I'm going to make a 'confitnara'... carbonara but with confit in place of the normal meat.
Probably going to be heavy as hell, but I have to try...

Nice looking texture on that tofu. What firmness, did you press, and freeze/thaw?
This was a medium firmness, though I usually prefer firm—pressed on a cutting board until a bit of water is released, maybe about a minute, then marinated with shoyu and chili oil, fried in nonstick pan with a bit of oil until browned. Kinda liliked the medium firmness, was wet and silky on the interior—but more delicate to flip, one pice broke apart. No freezing/thawing.

Back