Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautifully done!
Thank you!

Very nice, and I will say that Rao's is probably the only jarred sauce that I feel good about using as a shortcut. Often use the arrabbiata.
Thanks!

Normally it would require some kick of a peperoncino/chili, but my toddler is not trained for it yet!😂

And yes, Rao is amazing!

Pan seared salmon topped with green onion/lemon zest/dill, sauce is heavy cream/sun dried tomato/shallot/garlic/thyme/butter/parm/salsa verde, asparagus, wild rice. Very delicious

IMG_3836.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg

(didn't make this) but for Pud "Lardy Cake" Its more a bread than a cake possibly, has similarities to an italian panatone (bit more rustic). Glazed with lots of sugar (though I have even seen it glazed in toffe, that was good).

A Cotswold speciality (if you are in the cotswolds, you have to have a "Lardy Cake Tea" rather than a Cream Tea) and Getting harder to find down this neck of the woods, its gone out of favout these days. The word "Lardy" in the title prob not helping there, but its one of my favourite cakes. It may not look much, but to me its a thing of beauty, you can keep your sponge cakes etc, I'll have one of these any day.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lardy-cake (if you want to try making one)

IMG20240515182400 (1).jpg

Pathia is an old Persian dish that's been adopted by British curry houses to compete with Chinese restaurants, because it's sweet and sour.
It's flavoured with tamarind and jaggery, but with some chili heat as well. My version today uses chicken, but any protein will work or you could make it vegetarian.
IMG_7213.JPG

Back