Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41848422dh.jpeg

41848426kt.jpeg

41848424br.jpeg

How to turn a boring grilled turkey burger into something which tastes good. I use mayo, arugula. garden tomato, and small amount of habanero hot sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. The pepper on the plate is a sweet not hot pepper. The habanero is the orange on the arugula. Homemade bread would be much better.
IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Last edited:
A suboptimal picture of what turned out to be a pretty dang tasty dish.

Pasta with a mustard-lemon vinaigrette, fresh dill, caramelized onions, seared chicken breast, freshly grated Parmesan and a healthy dose of olive oil.

The onions were leftover from yesterday and a last minute idea. Worked nicely.

kczlKGo.jpg

Pesto alla Genovese con trofie:

41857715at.jpeg

41857716zo.jpeg

If you don’t know Antonio Carluccio and his recipes, do yourself a favor and buy one of his books and enjoy Italian food at its finest!
Have been in one of his restaurants/shops a few times here in Dublin. Nice place.

Poor me didn't have time to cook today, so all I had was leftovers. Not so bad actually as I had some Goan Pork Vindaloo in the freezer.
It was just as yummy if not more than than it was originally, probably because my senses hadn't been stimulated by cooking it. Pretty damn nice for a quick weeknight supper..!
IMG_2581.jpg

Spaghetti aglio e olio.
View attachment 138488

I do some kind of riff on this often. While I know it is not intended to be such, I frequently use it as sort of a base. I'll add shrimp, ham, arugula, whatever strikes me or might be left over in the fridge. Also great just as is! :)

Doesn't over cooked duck breast taste like leather? You are joking right? It looks pretty.
I was going for medium rare and ended up medium well. A still edible failure. Just like the thin and watery sauce.
It was just honesty. I screwed up the cooking. Hopefully I will do better tomorrow..

The hardest thing about this was not eating the tuna right out of the can - Portuguese canned seafood is amazing.. Tuna and borlotti bean salad.
View attachment 138543
It looks great!

It also looks a lot like a Portuguese dish with canned tuna.

Black eyed beans
Diced onion
Canned tuna
Chopped parsley
Olive oil ( to season )
Vinegar ( to season )

Cheers!

Back