Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two weeks ago I cured some pork belly and made pancetta. After a week curing in the fridge I wrapped in cheesecloth and hung it it the basement.
Yesterday I tried a piece and it was super yummy. Today I ran the whole lot through the grinder along with some shoulder and belly of pork and made spicy Italian sausages.
IMG_8294.JPG

But this left me without pancetta, so now there is another piece of belly curing in the fridge.
IMG_8300.JPG

And since there is always 300g sausage meat left in the sausage stuffer afterwards I made a pork ragu and had it for dinner with some fresh tagliatelle.
IMG_8308.JPG

Last edited:
I wasn't gonna cook indoors. we are having a heat wave! instead, I took the show outdoors to my wok burner. (I am hot! - cold shower upcoming)

I made a simple noodle stir fry. Chinese broccoli and shrimp.

View attachment 183448

My god. You are brave.

It’s 96F/36C here, I don’t have a wok burner, but when I grill in this heat…

1654819514634.gif

It's been a year since I ordered a tortilla press and a bag of masa harina.
Upon posting my newly acquired goods on the new gear thread @HumbleHomeCook advised me to look up Rick Bayless on YouTube, so I had a look..
Well, I ended up having more that a look! I'm 7 books in and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface.
Anyway, to celebrate my anniversary I decided to have a fiesta!

Ceviche.
IMG_8345.JPG

Teloloapan red mole with chicken and Mexican veggie rice
IMG_8354.JPG

It's been a year since I ordered a tortilla press and a bag of masa harina.
Upon posting my newly acquired goods on the new gear thread @HumbleHomeCook advised me to look up Rick Bayless on YouTube, so I had a look..
Well, I ended up having more that a look! I'm 7 books in and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface.
Anyway, to celebrate my anniversary I decided to have a fiesta!

Ceviche.
View attachment 183683

Teloloapan red mole with chicken and Mexican veggie rice
View attachment 183684
Happy Bday! Looks delicious!

We visited a chicken farm on the weekend. One of those small family-run operations with healthy chicken that have all the space to roam they could possibly want (on real grass that is grown without fertiliser) and raised without antibiotics. Happiest chicken I've ever seen :)

Of course, I walked away with one of their (slaughtered) chicken and made a whole roast chicken (slow cooked for three hours at 140 ºC) for the first time in about 15 years. I forgot to take a picture of the whole thing. But it turned out very nice, definitely two steps above the barn-raised commercial broilers.

With home fries and leaf chicory salad:
IMG_4859.jpg

Back