Daily Sharpening Pics

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F53593CF-D4A7-4346-85C4-57F3F7812E11.jpeg

D9ACC7A1-D436-4A45-90CA-D7CDC573CFF1.jpeg
E7A0F515-6005-4028-9BD3-4784EA88F952.jpeg

The machi is pretty horrible, and there is no much of neck. Wanna keep the og look so just cut a little to have a even machi height.

Ah yes, the One Knuckle Test. Are you familiar with the Index Fingernail Test? I certainly am. ;)
Is that related to the "fingernail shaving garnish?"

on a more serious note: thank goodness for fingernails! Fingernails, that evolutionary stride that prevented chefs from chopping off their fingertips and later dying from gangrene.

Last edited:
Just got my first jnat (Aiiwatani from JNS), and tried it out yesterday on a Matsubara bunka. Didn't do a great job on removing scratches on the previous stones, so there is still some scratches. I like the satin(?) finish on the core tho..

View attachment 161837View attachment 161838
Nice contrast! Is it one of those lvl 2.5 ones? I’d love a few stones from there but the duties scare me.

Just got my first jnat (Aiiwatani from JNS), and tried it out yesterday on a Matsubara bunka. Didn't do a great job on removing scratches on the previous stones, so there is still some scratches. I like the satin(?) finish on the core tho..

View attachment 161837View attachment 161838

Stainless cladding likes mud. I like the contrast there, and the core is real nice. IDK perhaps you could raise a thicker slurry and see what happens. It really looks like it could do very well, that stone.

Back