Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new here, and new to this incredible art that you make. I just looked at your website and WOW.. Words can't begin to dscribe...Astonishing, exquisite, breathtaking!!! I'm blown away! Some of the handles and bolsters are out of this world. I love the fastening method you use.. maybe a bit difficult to clean down in and along side the nuts/bolts but I really like that. It gives it a look of security and toughness that other blades don't have. I'd describe it as a modern steam punk style. I subscribed and I'm going to start a new savings plan!

I def need a Kamon and a Huber.. preferably a few of each. You both make incredible blades... And you're both in this forum. Im the kind of guy who appreciates that more than the history of Japanese blades... Though if like a few of those too, lol.

So happy I found this forum!
Love my @martinhuber gyuto. Gets used a few times a week and 100% worth picking one up.

Feels they could be close the Kagekiyo Ginsan, but Kagekiyo is cheaper right now at KTH
https://www.kingtakhong.com.hk/Default.aspx?subURL=ProductDetail.ascx&Pid=19d142b2-4154-4768-836f-8f3937f496cd&Name=SALE!+景清銀三鋼牛刀240mm+(原價%3a+%242250)
Good looks, my friend.

Heretofore I shall refer to all convex grinds as "micro-clams"

1000028534.jpg

Any experience with the V2? There is a highly used one for sale locally at a good price.....
cheers
Had a 240mm V2:
Outstanding grind and fit and finish, especially for that money.
Really love the handles (burned chestnut on mine; these are different I guess?).
Cladding was a bit too reactive for me (on the wide bevel not on the kurouchi) but that´s me rather than the knife I´m sure.
V2 feels like shirogami 2 to me. Very easy to sharpen, not overly hard.

PS.: just to add more thoughts on V2:
Kurouchi nakiri comparison

Last edited:
Had a 240mm V2:
Outstanding grind and fit and finish, especially for that money.
Really love the handles (burned chestnut on mine; these are different I guess?).
Cladding was a bit too reactive for me (on the wide bevel not on the kurouchi) but that´s me rather than the knife I´m sure.
V2 feels like shirogami 2 to me. Very easy to sharpen, not overly hard.

PS.: just to add more thoughts on V2:
Kurouchi nakiri comparison
Thanks!

Any experience with the V2? There is a highly used one for sale locally at a good price.....
cheers
IF Wakui V2 is the same as Kochi V2...it is incredibly rewarding to sharpen and takes a killer edge with minimal effort. Like 3 light strokes and its back to screaming sharp, but I wasn't particularly impressed with edge retention. Not bad, but felt like some shirogami where the tooth fell off a cliff once it decided to go, and his lovely geometry took on more of the burden of cutting. Totally fine for a home cook though.

I definitely remember that it was 18000DKK without VAT; interesting that the price is now zero'd out unless that just happens when things sell out on JNS.
Maksim likes to keep things on the low down.
Thats $3200 incl taxes. Who says retirement doesn't pay.

Back