Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You come up when I search for Kamon knives too. I don't think there is anything wrong, you just have a good Web developer who gets your site on top of search results. It's counterintuitive, but perhaps add links to the makers sites in their listings, as to give them credit. Maybe go the hyperlink route to get a kickback in case someone buys a diff knife through your link. It would feel more honest that way... Not saying you are dishonest, just gives credit and gives your customers a better selection. May help you decide which knives to carry in the future based on what people end up buying. I can see how this might detract from your sales. Just my 2 cents!
Thank you! I appreciate that, especially as I am the developer behind the site. I am working on something that will go in this direction, but it will take some time to develop. I am with you in terms of supporting the makers and offering a the customers the widest range of choice, but implementing these kind of changes take lots of time away from my day to day. Stay tuned, Im working on it 🙏

Both from today were with Bryan’s kasumi finish (rather than satin) which I believe has always carried a significant upcharge.
Its a kasumi finished and also 145sc, bryan claims its hard to source this steel nowadays so he raised the prices.

Something like 125sc or spicy white would be same like the old price and cheaper.

Different steel, cladding and finish. So can't be the same price range
No, core steel was 145sc. The only significant difference is the kasumi Jnat finish which I think was a 70 euro upcharge and listed as an option on the price schedule.

Idk how many spots left but his stuff looks great for a pro setting. 6 spots for stock removal blade

IMG_3799.png

IMG_3798.png

Last edited:
No, the previous knife before the two Gyuto from yesterday, was

Gyuto 225mm
blade : 225x56
26C3 with XC10 cladding , satin finish
I didn't see the drop, merely going by what @pcs-abc quoted, which was a kurouchi blade with kasumi finish. If the steel and cladding were different then I could understand a higher price point but almost double hmmmm.
145sc with soft iron cladding was 1.80 euro per mm plus 70 for the kasumi

https://www.bryan-raquin.com/product/a-la-francaise

I didn't see the drop, merely going by what @pcs-abc quoted, which was a kurouchi blade with kasumi finish. If the steel and cladding were different then I could understand a higher price point but almost double hmmmm.
145sc with soft iron cladding was 1.80 euro per mm plus 70 for the kasumi

https://www.bryan-raquin.com/product/a-la-francaise

yes , prices moved a bit ( mmmhhh) in 4 or 5 years.
if you look further you should be able to find knives for less than 100€.
times change, techniques evolves, prices evolve too.

now the kasumi is systematic with the 145sc. not with other steels. for those I always add a supplement.
if you have questions… , i am fairly transparent

yes , prices moved a bit ( mmmhhh) in 4 or 5 years.
if you look further you should be able to find knives for less than 100€.
times change, techniques evolves, prices evolve too.

now the kasumi is systematic with the 145sc. not with other steels. for those I always add a supplement.
if you have questions… , i am fairly transparent
Not to encourage hikes, but Price doesn't seem to be an issue, seeing that every item posted has been sold, lol.

Beautiful knives bro!!

I really need to win a lottery... My taste FAR exceeds my income!

Welp, the RDG kiridashi went in under 20 seconds…just like last time.

Frustrated that because I don’t use the shop app….you miss out
It ended up being about 90 seconds before the last order came through, but the first one was gone in about 10 seconds.

Next time I'm considering doing a random draw for these.

Latest posts

Back