Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thread 'Denka 240mm with custom handle'
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/denka-240mm-with-custom-handle.71907/

IMG_5880.jpeg

Is this an unpopular decision? Because I feel like that denka look like ****. Ground up so high, odd ku look, oddly nice handle for a knife thats seen some heavy abrasives, scratches pretty visible.

My gut feeling is that the mechanism here is that the presence of microplastics is basically a yardstick for how much total plastic exposure you had to endocrrine disruptors like for example BPA, phtalates and all their equally disruptive 'alternatives'.

It's also incredibly hard to cut your exposure. Even when you swap over to glass bottles and glass containers for home usage, half the food still comes wrapped in plastic these days (even fresh produce).

don't waste protein. the cicada feast is almost upon my area...

a little taster:
1716272794435.png

freshly molted adult (still soft, wings tiny) sautéed in clarified butter and garlic. served on apple slice, coastal cheddar from costco, sweet vidalia

Cold, fresh pineapple is a perfect food on it's own. I wouldn't cook it anyway. Be it on pizza or fried rice or whatever

My gut feeling is that the mechanism here is that the presence of microplastics is basically a yardstick for how much total plastic exposure you had to endocrrine disruptors like for example BPA, phtalates and all their equally disruptive 'alternatives'.

It's also incredibly hard to cut your exposure. Even when you swap over to glass bottles and glass containers for home usage, half the food still comes wrapped in plastic these days (even fresh produce).
Already in our food supply, microplastics are sadly unavoidable.
https://www.food-safety.com/article...nd,Based%20Proteins—It's%20All%20Contaminated

When I come to power, the use of speakers on phones in public spaces will be banned. I don't want to listen to your phone call, I don't want to listen to your **** music, I don't want to listen to your TV show / movie, etc. Get a set of ****ing headphones.
Ugh. Add in people who walk down city streets, or god forbid a nature trail, with a Bluetooth speaker hanging off their backpack. The audacity of some people. Living their lives as the main character.

Speakers at the beach should be banned also. Just enjoy the sound of the waves people.

The thing that still shocks me is that the stuff appears to have spooky powers of migration. They’ve found microplastics in sedimentary layers and polar ice cores far older than our century of plastics.

The thing that still shocks me is that the stuff appears to have spooky powers of migration. They’ve found microplastics in sedimentary layers and polar ice cores far older than our century of plastics.
So you're saying the aliens that built the pyramids also brought microplastics with them? ;)

Ugh. Add in people who walk down city streets, or god forbid a nature trail, with a Bluetooth speaker hanging off their backpack. The audacity of some people. Living their lives as the main character.

Speakers at the beach should be banned also. Just enjoy the sound of the waves people.
People who blast music at the beach should be air dropped 1000ft out to see if they can swim back

When I come to power, the use of speakers on phones in public spaces will be banned. I don't want to listen to your phone call, I don't want to listen to your **** music, I don't want to listen to your TV show / movie, etc. Get a set of ****ing headphones.
I ****ing CAN NOT STAND all of the un-evolved nitwits who walk around with their phone held out horizontally in front of their opinion-hole while they shout at it.

At first, I thought it was a quirk of, ahem, men of a certain age, but then I realized that EVERYONE was doing it. What in the ****.

Back