Pepper Mill Suggestions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the price of the lyn spm is pretty reasonable.

Does it make the pepper taste better than that coming out of this beauty? ;)

ikea-365-ihardig-kruidenmolen-zwart__0719208_pe731925_s5.jpg

My only real gripe about it is that using it as a salt mill for grey salt (which contains some moisture) isn't ideal; it tends to clog on those after a while. But apparently that's an issue with virtually all mills not specificially designed for it?

Looks to me as if it's the same burr set as used in the larger ones, so do not expect any different performance but less 'hopper' capacity.

Mine is 25+ years old and discontinued.
It has straight sides compared to the flared top on the updated model. The wider top might make it easier to turn, but I prefer the clean look of the original.
96FF3359-E9A0-433D-9209-81641D0BB7B3.jpeg

The burr sets do look identical, in spite of the portable’s much smaller case diameter. Again, all my Peugeots were bought last century so things may have changed…
50829717-85C7-49A9-88A3-3DBED8FFB65F.jpeg

Mine is 25+ years old and discontinued.
It has straight sides compared to the flared top on the updated model. The wider top might make it easier to turn, but I prefer the clean look of the original.
View attachment 196661
The burr sets do look identical, in spite of the portable’s much smaller case diameter. Again, all my Peugeots were bought last century so things may have changed…
View attachment 196662
I have one like this with the straight sides 25+ years as well. I like being able to carry it, or travel with it. My only gripe would be its hard to crank because its so narrow, its hard to get your hands (fingers) on it. Quality grinder though.

I have one like this with the straight sides 25+ years as well. My only gripe would be its hard to crank because its so narrow, its hard to get your hands (fingers) on it.
I’m thinking that’s why they made the top wider on the updated model…

I've had this one for a little while. Purchased it via a indigogo. It is possibly the smoothest grinding pepper mills I've ever used. The entire body is stainless steel and it carries the heft. I was originally going to use it at work but my better half liked it so much it ended up staying
tempImage0o8hwo.jpg
home.

I think it's available via Amazon now...

Peppercannon

tempImagepb2r8W.jpg
tempImage0ClYTO.jpg

That's aluminum, not stainless my dude. And I'm jealous!

I have webber set, but I do not think I can live without mine for many months... but ya, I agree, I would love to try iron mill. my issue that it's small but looks super nice, do I def want to try it!

Last edited:
There is no way I'm going to let go of my Lynn Webber Moulin. I have lots of knives, but only one pepper grinder…

i'd be going back to grinding it up in bulk once per week in a blade-style electric coffee grinder used only for spices.

To avoid that I like to spread out the grey salt on parchment paper, bake it a little to dry it, then put it in the grinder.
My experience with reheating is that it robs the food of it's flavor. I've reheated crab butter, cheese, etc., and the flavor is gonzo. I think that's why left-overs are so bad.

My experience with reheating is that it robs the food of it's flavor. I've reheated crab butter, cheese, etc., and the flavor is gonzo. I think that's why left-overs are so bad.
What's that got to do with the post you're replying to? You aren't going to remove flavour from salt by heating it up and drying it out.

I've had this one for a little while. Purchased it via a indigogo. It is possibly the smoothest grinding pepper mills I've ever used. The entire body is stainless steel and it carries the heft. I was originally going to use it at work but my better half liked it so much it ended up staying View attachment 196670home.

I think it's available via Amazon now...

Peppercannon

View attachment 196668View attachment 196669
MANNKITCHEN, MK32144:
I finally broke down and bought one of these guys. I have been using the Unicorn Magnum for about a year, and it's adequate. I was staring to rationalize that store-bought, pre-ground pepper was okay. I was following the Pepper Cannon from the crowd-funding, kick-starter phase. It didn't disappoint! Copious amount of pepper, and the range of grinds is impressive. However, the cost is up there, but you get what you pay for. Amazing how much room for improvement there is in products that have been around for eons. Made in China, but with US QA, if that really matters.

I've also dried plenty of wet gray sea salt and have never been left wanting for flavor. I DO agree that heating up many things is robbing it of flavor.

water has no flavor. if anything removing water increases flavor no?

ahhh..sorry for that...confused.

Back