Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiosity since I have the same one... what do you use it for?
I mostly ended up using it for rice dishes like risotto and the occasional small stew or oven dish, but I'm wondering if there's any other things I should be using it for?
I've used it mainly for braising (beef and guinness stew last month), but also as a roasting pan. Also the occasional pasta dish. Most recently I used it to boil spaghetti. It's shallow and wide so spaghetti will fit but water boils faster.

Here's some pictures from other threads:
261075-20230925-164151.jpg

239636-20230618-165155.jpg

239637-IMG-20230618-WA0007.jpeg

Second, if you can find one think about picking up a wooden pestle. I think they’re far superior for herb based sauces like pesto (hence the name) salsa verde, chimichuri, etc. If I didn’t already have one I’d have sized up to the size of the stone one. We can get them on Amazon here for cheap
Wenge pestle just arrived. I haven't used it yet, but am looking forward to making pesto :)

IMG_6233.jpg

I grabbed a pair of tiny kitchen scissors at my grocery store. $6. I test cut a piece of braid fishing line and the cut was so easy and had zero resistance. I’ll use them for fishing!

Here they are on top of my actual fishing shears. My braid scissors.

IMG_1416.jpeg

This thing is like… huge! Demeyere Proline 7 12.6”/32 cm frying pan. 28 cm deBuyers on the background for size comparison.

Can’t wait to give this big boi a try tonight, ribeye steaks and sides. On that note, need to get something to cook on the pan with/after the steaks… Broccolini? Zucchini? A couple of halved tomatoes? Everything at once (yes!) :D

Damn, it really is big! 😅

FullSizeRender.jpeg

This thing is like… huge! Demeyere Proline 7 12.6”/32 cm frying pan. 28 cm deBuyers on the background for size comparison.

Can’t wait to give this big boi a try tonight, ribeye steaks and sides. On that note, need to get something to cook on the pan with/after the steaks… Broccolini? Zucchini? A couple of halved tomatoes? Everything at once (yes!) :D

Damn, it really is big! 😅

View attachment 289116
It's exaggerated a bit by the fact that De Buyer runs small, while DeMeyere runs big (if you buy a 32 cm pan 32 cm will be the inside measurement of the rim). But you're illustrating exactly why I only have a 32 cm multiline and not a proline; the only thing I ever use it for is big piles of mixed vegetables. It's incredibly rare that I ever have a piece of meat that won't fit inside my proline, and whenever I do I just grab my 32 De Buyer.

Is that an instant hot water dispenser on the right? Home I have now has one and I wish I had put one in years ago.
No, that's just filtered cold water. I have a coffee machine that provides instant filtered hot water, so need for a filtered hot water dispenser at the sink.

Reactions: Kgp
Around here, one really has to keep up with the Joneses…

View attachment 289151

I feel you, homie. A gift from my brother this holiday season:

IMG_8194.jpeg

And a gift to myself of the Dreamfarm Chopula, which is pretty cool. Thanks for mentioning it Michi (at least I think that was you).

IMG_8198.jpeg

I also got a decent quality 2qt generic stainless bowl with stacking strainer for washing rice and beans and berries.

IMG_8202.jpeg

I think that’s going to get a ton of use. I already used it to wash peas and rice for our new year's Hoppin' John.

IMG_4574.jpeg
8qt lodge Dutch oven.

We’ve been scraping by without a DO forever but it was time to get one. Made some braised short rib tonight.
Figured we might as well get a big one instead of a small one since you can always make less but you can’t make more if you don’t have the room

Attachments

• IMG_4573.jpeg
    IMG_4573.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I have the same pasta maker, but didn’t get the electric motor. Bought some additional attachments instead. Recently got the ravioli one and look forward to trying it out.

if you haven’t found it yet, this handy chart is very useful. You’ll want to go to about 6-7 for the fettuccine / tagliolini attachment you have, I know the gaps look larger but the pasta will be too thick.

View attachment 77475
I have mine laminated

At the risk of going down a new rabbit hole, how do you find the fresh home made versus dry store bought? Is it worth it?
From my experience and tons of research, extruded, not laminated dry pasta is best, especially quality brands. Alex the French cook did a great video series on it. Filled pasta, and laminated (mainly for lasagna) do well made fresh. Not including the making of the dough, I can make a lot of ravioli in less than 20 minutes.

Anyone else been tempted by these new Dutch mixer showing on social media? They look clever and are fairly cheap so I got one. Took 14 days for it to arrive but the wood is thick and hard, show quality for its size. While I didn’t manhandle the thing thru a torture test it felt like it’ll last a long time. It should help making any bead dough, soft combined ingredients, meatloaf, all come together much quicker and cleaner.
I’d interested to know of anyone’s thoughts on it.
Shipped for like $17 delivered The metal seems substtantial. Wood itnerface doesn't give me fears that it'll pop loose or rust thru in a year or two. Honestly I think I might start grabbing this guy a lot.

View attachment 85043

View attachment 85042
I have 2, mostly for mixing my sourdough starter. Great utensil and super easy to clean.

My haul over the last couple weeks.

20240102_182051.jpg

The little Lodge pan... My daughter was shopping for a basket at a little thrift store when my granddaughter spied the pan. She ran to it and declared they had to get it so her and grandpa can cook eggs in it! It is now my new treasure. :)

Knife is a Shigeki Tanaka.

My haul over the last couple weeks.

View attachment 291025

The little Lodge pan... My daughter was shopping for a basket at a little thrift store when my granddaughter spied the pan. She ran to it and declared they had to get it so her and grandpa can cook eggs in it! It is now my new treasure. :)

Knife is a Shigeki Tanaka.

Love me some Shigeki!

Back