What is your Job?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody!

I tried to use the research functionality in this case, but I haven't found a topic about that. Please, tell me if this thread already exist:

What is your job? Is it related to the food-domain, craftsmanship, or something else? :D

Have a great week-end, cheers from Quebec!

Ben
Interestingly enough, I do not see where you indicate what you do for a living, although there's a good chance your user ID provides that info.

The MEs I went to school with all wound up in the computer field, so your outcome may not have been any different :D

Did you get your ESM degree on the East Coast? I got a minor in it to go with my Civil...

In a previous life the expression was "CE's build targets, ME's build weapons..."

For the past 13+ years I've been a testing solutions architect in an information technology dept of a big insurer, specializing in mainframe systems integration. Prior to that I was a chef for a few years, and before that I was a management consultant for about 14 years.

In a previous life the expression was "CE's build targets, ME's build weapons..."
...and the CE's design/ build the airports, roadways, etc. that get the ME's weapons to where they need to be deployed, and they design the building structures the weapons are manufactured/ assembled in 😄

(but mad props to the MEs that design the bathroom ventilation systems :dancingchicken:)

on a side note, the MEs I know from school all started working for defense contractors and wound up in computer-related fields, as they started by working on databases, etc. and had to learn programming and networking

Heavy equipment mechanic specializing in mobile and large crawler cranes

“Wanna see my huge Kato?”

Most people: ‘240mm’
528A7C70-2C8B-46E3-9A26-A4DD21CA8E91.jpeg

@tag98: ‘24000mm’
7597B946-0851-4E35-80D2-094D48442B6A.png

Last edited:
How many opiates do you dispense for “chronic pain”?

Epidemiologist, former chemistry lab tech by day. Teenage wrangler by night. Woodworker on weekends.
It’s getting less and less as the college of physicians ramps up the red tape, but it’s quite a bit still. It’s not so many patients as it’s the patients who are on them are on an incredible amount. “On”.

The landscape is changing quickly though, due to high patient mortality.

PS this thread is fun. A lot of cooks and engineers here 👀.

Did you get your ESM degree on the East Coast?
Materials engineering out of a school in the DMV area =D

It’s getting less and less as the college of physicians ramps up the red tape, but it’s quite a bit still. It’s not so many patients as it’s the patients who are on them are on an incredible amount. “On”.

The landscape is changing quickly though, due to high patient mortality.

PS this thread is fun. A lot of cooks and engineers here 👀.
I’m glad to see it’s changing, even if it’s taking time. I’ve spent quite a bit of time out in West Virginia since my better half’s family is from there, opioids have done horrifying things there. Seems like almost every family I’ve met out there over the past 5 years has either purchased or sold them to some degree at some point. Heartbreaking to see what it’s done.

That amount of info falls in the suite spot between harping on it, and stringing us along … I won't fret about it.
I'm guessing you are older, as that answer is out of tune with today's reality.
Materials engineering out of a school in the DMV area =D
I served 4 years in Bleaksburg a few decades ago.

Back