Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beef Rendang (freestyled recipe) Indonesian Cucumber salad and Tsukemono made with apple and Rettich (worked quite well in this combo) and pandan rice with a side of kaffir lime Sambal.

Delayed picture as I was so hungry that I started eating before taking the pic...

20220320_201236.jpg

Last edited:
It's must be more than 20 years since I last tried liverwurst, but seeing that last picture I remember the flavor vividly. So good!
Must be by choice then. I would expect that liverwurst would be readily available in the Netherlands?

Must be by choice then. I would expect that liverwurst would be readily available in the Netherlands?
Haven't given it any thought, to be honest. Will have a look the next time I go shopping.

Fusilli a la Greque - this is a recipe from a cult figure in the danish music industry, the cook John Rasmussen. A dish he was served in a restaurant in the Apennine mountains and included in one of his books. It's one of those simple dishes you can do while the pasta is cooking.
IMG_7381.jpg

Here is the recipe in case you would like to have a go..

Serves two.

100g pancetta(or bacon)
100g baby courgettes cut into rounds or half-moons if they are bigger
1 red chili, sliced
50g pecorino cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
250g fusilli

Start cooking your pasta. In a hot pan, brown the pancetta. Once browned(but not f*cked), lightly sauté the courgette and chili with the bacon and take the pan off the heat.
When the pasta if ready, put the pancetta/courgette/chili pan back on the heat. Drain the pasta and toss the lot together. Taste for salt.
Plate up, add the black pepper and cheese and serve. Bon appetite.

Aka chilli John?
Fusilli a la Greque - this is a recipe from a cult figure in the danish music industry, the cook John Rasmussen. A dish he was served in a restaurant in the Apennine mountains and included in one of his books. It's one of those simple dishes you can do while the pasta is cooking.
View attachment 171131
Here is the recipe in case you would like to have a go..

Serves two.

100g pancetta(or bacon)
100g baby courgettes cut into rounds or half-moons if they are bigger
1 red chili, sliced
50g pecorino cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
250g fusilli

Start cooking your pasta. In a hot pan, brown the pancetta. Once browned(but not f*cked), lightly sauté the courgette and chili with the bacon and take the pan off the heat.
When the pasta if ready, put the pancetta/courgette/chili pan back on the heat. Drain the pasta and toss the lot together. Taste for salt.
Plate up, add the black pepper and cheese and serve. Bon appetite.

Last edited:
There are a few things that have proven to be a bit of a pain for me to get right, and one of those is pan fried salmon. Well, proud to say I got it right this time. Crispy exterior, creamy buttery interior, 125 degrees on the nose. So good!View attachment 171208

nice. it's so easy to get the white protein stuff to leak out of salmon. this looks really nice.

Back